John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:07:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most retarded arcade ideas  (Read 9902 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

This has got to be up there, at least top 10:

Issue 1) Tab on the side with no way to catch spilling beer. Issue 2) 5 gallon pony keg... WTF? Issue 3) How much beer can you really drink and still play arcade games well? (For me after 5-6 beers my skills go down the crapper). Plus it's called Arkeg. That is obnoxious. Kind of like when people say BEER-B-Q because the actual BBQ is going to suck so they try to hype it up with a whimsical name.

-------
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:28 am »

Completely stupid. I hate the whole "man cave" thing.
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:55:50 am »

plus its two player wtf?  that shit will be empty in an hour or less.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

I'm with John, I think the whole man-cave thing is just dumb.
When I think of man-caves I think of stuff with monster garage type hotrod flames, beer kegs, and huge TV's with sports on 24/7, not an arcade, so I hate when people make the comparison.

I am definitely not a fan of LCD's in games, and I'm even less of a fan of these skinny cabs, looks less than stable, especially when the "keg" is empty. To me, this cab is the equivalent of one of those beer drinking hats.

It should be on the crap-mame page
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »

The crap mame pages are good for a laugh.

http://www.wickedretarded.com/~crapmame/
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:29 pm »

I'm glad to know John hates mancaves. I bet when John meets another couple and they find out about his arcade and make some bonehead remark like, "Ohh, you've got quite the mancave there!!!" (thinking they're being all clever and witty), it takes every ounce of John's restraint to not "Threw A Right Cross And Knocked His Old-Ass Out"

-------
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:17:20 pm »

Boong-Ga Boong-Ga (Korean: 붕가 붕가, Japanese: 浣腸ゲーム kanchō geemu), also known as Spank 'em, is an arcade game developed by a South Korean company, Taff System. It is the first arcade game to simulate kancho - a popular prank in Japan where the victim is poked with two fingers in the anus whilst distracted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

Kancho (カンチョー kanchō?) is a prank performed by clasping the hands together in the shape of an imaginary gun and attempting to insert the extended index fingers sharply into an unsuspecting victim's anus, often while exclaiming "Kan-CHO!".

Seriously WTF?!  No MAME monstrosity will ever be as weird as that, unless some idiot tries to put an ass on their mega control panel, maybe a pair of track just under it?
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 07:11:08 pm »

Boong-Ga Boong-Ga (Korean: 붕가 붕가, Japanese: 浣腸ゲーム kanchō geemu), also known as Spank 'em, is an arcade game developed by a South Korean company, Taff System. It is the first arcade game to simulate kancho - a popular prank in Japan where the victim is poked with two fingers in the anus whilst distracted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

Kancho (カンチョー kanchō?) is a prank performed by clasping the hands together in the shape of an imaginary gun and attempting to insert the extended index fingers sharply into an unsuspecting victim's anus, often while exclaiming "Kan-CHO!".

Seriously WTF?!  No MAME monstrosity will ever be as weird as that, unless some idiot tries to put an ass on their mega control panel, maybe a pair of track just under it?

HOLY FUCK -- this wins something for uniqueness... From Wikipedia:

The game features eight characters players can punish: "Ex-Girlfriend", "Ex-boyfriend", "gangster", "Mother In Law", "Gold-digger", "Child Prostitute", "child molester" and "Con-artist". During gameplay, the facial expression of the chosen character is displayed on a monitor.

The game also dispenses cards that rate players on their "sexual behavior", and for players who perform exceptionally well the machine will dispense a small plastic trophy in the shape of a pile of feces."

-------
VertexGuy
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:53 pm »

I'm glad to know John hates mancaves. I bet when John meets another couple and they find out about his arcade and make some bonehead remark like, "Ohh, you've got quite the mancave there!!!" (thinking they're being all clever and witty), it takes every ounce of John's restraint to not "Threw A Right Cross And Knocked His Old-Ass Out"

yeah but if its refered to as an arcade.. wouldn't you have to pay taxes on that?
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:53 pm »

yeah but if its refered to as an arcade.. wouldn't you have to pay taxes on that?

I think there's an "Adult Arcade" loophole that you don't have to pay taxes. Just need to hire a good cleanup crew aka jizz mopper

-------
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »

{walks into this topic and smacks my head on it}

Ok, I will give the first post one point for interesting use of the inside of the machine. That's the only point it gets from me. I don't dislike tastefully done man-caves. I believe that everyone needs there own space just to themselves. It's the people who get crazy about that space with weird rules that is when i draw the line.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: