John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:06:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up a one owner Centipede!  (Read 5579 times)
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »

Glad you found where your issue is located, so now you should be able get it running reliably and finally get to play it  Grin
I know you can get parts to rebuild your ARII and cap kits from Bob Roberts or Arcadeshop, I know other vendors that have that stuff but those two I know for sure have what you need.
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

Sweet Willis CPO!
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 06:44:44 pm »

Well a little sad right now. As you guys know I am having an issue that shows up after about 4 min or so of game on that makes it unplayable. The top header with high score etc duplicates it's self at the bottom and many of the on screen centipedes multiply and mirror them selves all over the screen. Putting a fan in the back pointing at the AR board makes it so I can play for at least 30min or more. Naturally I thought it was something on the AR board but today after doing a total rebuild on it and replacing all the caps, the transistor, the voltage regulators (5v and 12v). I reflowed the molex plug spots as well. I also changed out Big Blue just to make sure. I'm going to check the voltages on AR board before the issue and after the issue and see if I can find a difference although I've done that once already with no obvious differences.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:46 am »

Searched and searched online and was kinda led to my RAM chips. Touched a bunch and found a warm one. Pressed it and heard a sound glitch, looked at the front and now it's way worse.  Hopefully that's my issue, RAM 2114 @ F2, just gotta find me a couple now.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:42 am »

should have told me before ! i have about 2 dozen of those chips

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:04 am »

Gonna search around today, if that fails I'll get some from ya as well as a GO7 rebuild kit.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:06 am »

I found a couple 2114's as well as some sockets for future replacement if needed. We'll see if that fixes it, seams to be if I press the board anywhere in that area things go bonkers. Other than the warmth of the 2114's not 100% sure they're the issue. Maybe the ROMs and sockets??
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:23 am »

Swapping out the 2114 ram chip at F2 fixed my issue. My issue looked similar but worse to what is show on this page - http://www.arcade-cabinets.com/fixes/centipede/ at Game Board #17 8/29/2013.

The chip was warm when the issue was presenting itself and the issue went away when I nailed it with cold spray.

Next is my high score issue then the monitor cap kit which you can see the left side of the screen needs.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: