John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:19:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: $8-shipped cap kits  (Read 22611 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 06:08:49 pm »

Normally I dont replace anything that isn't broke. But you are thinking about doing a shotgun repair so I figured I would try to source everything I could.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 06:12:35 pm »

Ya, I'm about to change out the ribbon cables and they might actually fix the issue but... I'd like to replace for future longevity. There's no way those old caps are gonna hold out and if they're messing with my voltage in the least I want them gone. 
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »

Also when I look at the newest revision of all these IC's they same to have so much stronger and faster specs, can't hurt if I don't screw up the install.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 05:17:54 pm »

A little late but I wanted to thank you Ian. The parts showed up last week and they look great. I like how you've got them all lined up for easy identification. Just need to find some time now to install all the bits.
Level42

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »

Aren't those Nichicon's (mostly) on this pic:

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:42 pm »

Its about even split between Kemet and Nichicons. They are all 105C caps with a minimum of 2k hours at temp.  I have considered bumping them up in hours but that would cost a fair amount more. also that picture is pretty old, I have changed the packing of the caps to be in tape strips. which apparently i have no photos of.  Lastly The prices had to be moved up to $8 for most kits, I added in more caps and bumped the ratings on stuff.

Level42

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 01:51:29 pm »

Never heard about Kermet before but the site looks like they know what they're doing.Nichicon's.....well Atari used them all the time, and I have yet to find a bad one on f.i. AR-II's, awesome quality !

Great quality for a great price !

If you accept PayPal and ship at reasonalbe costs (USPS) to Europe I think I'll have to order some SmileySmiley

Oh I see you don't have the 6100 listed and the Amplifone. I'm not in need for Amplifone right now but do need two 6100 kits.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:53:18 pm by Level42 » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 02:13:21 pm »

I haven't updated this thread in a long time so its not a great indication of what is available. I can make up a kit for almost monitor, and i'm pretty sure i already have kits made up for the 6100

Rayoshi

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »

Ive ordered some k7000 kits and so far installed one of them and that monitor turned out great! I will order more from Ian again when I'm in need.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:39 am »

Ive ordered some k7000 kits and so far installed one of them and that monitor turned out great! I will order more from Ian again when I'm in need.

fantastic! How did the tape strip work out?

VertexGuy
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2014, 08:48:11 pm »

I need about 10 kits , catch me in chat when you get a chance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: