John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swapping boards  (Read 1672 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:36 pm »

Hi all,

I was watching one of John's videos and he mentioned you can swap about boards. He had mentioned the specific arcade game he was using was a certain type of board (i.e. a chipset?) -- I don't recall the name -- and then mentioned as long as it's that type that you can swap out any other board. I'm curious because my friend owns a Ghosts & Goblins arcade and I'd like to get some more boards to play if it's possible to do that sort of thing. I did a google search but didn't come up with much useful information on this topic (i.e. different types of boards). A quick search on eBay and I did see some boards for sale.

Thanks for your help

-------
Etienne MacGyver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:37:44 am »

The magic word you are looking for is JAMMA  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAMMA#Connector_standards
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:01:58 am »

Hi all,

I was watching one of John's videos and he mentioned you can swap about boards. He had mentioned the specific arcade game he was using was a certain type of board (i.e. a chipset?) -- I don't recall the name -- and then mentioned as long as it's that type that you can swap out any other board. I'm curious because my friend owns a Ghosts & Goblins arcade and I'd like to get some more boards to play if it's possible to do that sort of thing. I did a google search but didn't come up with much useful information on this topic (i.e. different types of boards). A quick search on eBay and I did see some boards for sale.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, JAMMA is the universal standard. Ghosts and Goblins should be Capcom Classic pinout, not JAMMA. However, you might be able to find a JAMMA adapter that will allow you to plug a JAMMA board into the Capcom Classic harness.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:46:17 pm »

You are correct, there is an adapter! http://www.jammaboards.com/store/capcom-classic-to-jamma-cabinet-adapter-jb-cc2jamma.html

Thank you very much guys!

-------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: