John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:53:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone please help!  (Read 2376 times)
nathanbush

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »

Just bought my second arcade 2day! so Grin
Its a Midways Total Carnage original
Anyway i was told in the description that it powers and plays but GFX problems so when i got home and pluged it in there was power.
Then when i put a coin in it coined up but none of the buttons are working?
I went into test mode and the joysticks and button were working on that but only showing p2 setup even though
when i pressed p1 joystick and button there were sounds.  I am new to all of this and any help would be grateful!
Thanks for your time
Nathan
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:54:13 pm »

I'll give you £50 quid for it ;-)

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
nathanbush

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

u wish! u got ne idea?
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:43:20 pm »

try swapping the board with your konami golf. process of elimination maybe?

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 04:25:52 pm »

If it came with the manual id refer to that as sometimes these problems are mentioned in there. Failing that try googling the manual if you don't have it or the problem. I'd check over the actual buttons and make sure there making good connections anyways just to be through that it is in fact not the problem.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
nathanbush

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »

Ill try the konami board 2moz to c if that works? also ive got the manual and it says check for bad connections and corrosion which they do look a bit dirty, but when in test mode it registers the buttons and joy sticks?
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »

I'd clean the connections. It might read them but if there corroded that might be your issue.

--edit--

even if that isn't the issue its just a good idea.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »

I'll give you £50 quid for it ;-)

Ill give you 14 squids for it !

You might have a ground wire problem running to your arcade controls.
can be anywhere near the edge connector to the actual control buttons themselves.
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »

Just bought my second arcade 2day! so Grin
Its a Midways Total Carnage original
Anyway i was told in the description that it powers and plays but GFX problems so when i got home and pluged it in there was power.
Then when i put a coin in it coined up but none of the buttons are working?
I went into test mode and the joysticks and button were working on that but only showing p2 setup even though
when i pressed p1 joystick and button there were sounds.  I am new to all of this and any help would be grateful!
Thanks for your time
Nathan

Check coins per credit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: