John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:03:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoo Keeper!  (Read 8653 times)
Verminator

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:06:29 am »

My all time favorite arcade game! And likely the one game where you will see the largest disparity in high scores because of the intense number of points you can score on jumps!

My highest score: 1,761,210
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »

That's a GREAT score! I don't think I have broken one million yet. I keep trying but I don't seem to be getting much better! LOL!
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 11:01:58 am »

I finally got around to replacing my battery on my ZK and its finally saving scores. 

Still trying to break the 2M mark...

Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 06:05:32 pm »

Very nice! Do you have a dedicated Zoo Keeper cab?? None of the arcades in the Chicago area have one... hard to find and keep running!  Undecided
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »

That's a GREAT score! I don't think I have broken one million yet. I keep trying but I don't seem to be getting much better! LOL!

Yeah, I am seemingly getting worse at the game... losing patience!! I need a couple of month break from it.
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 03:12:03 pm »

Very nice! Do you have a dedicated Zoo Keeper cab?? None of the arcades in the Chicago area have one... hard to find and keep running!  Undecided

I do!  I lucked out too, its super clean Smiley

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »

Ok that's a cool cabinet with neat side art too.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »

Ok that's a cool cabinet with neat side art too.

One of my favorite cabs of all time.  It rocks.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »

Dude, that thing is a BEAUTY!!! WOW!
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »

Definitely didn't buy that from Underground Retrocade, otherwise it would be in a Battlezone Cab with a 720 CPO, Mappy Bezel and a Ink Jet black and white marquee coloured in crayon.

What a place, still have nightmares over the Gorf video. I wonder if this subject will be tackled in the Arcade Impossible video.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:04:04 pm by DeanFroley » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »

Definitely didn't buy that from Underground Retrocade, otherwise it would be in a Battlezone Cab with a 720 CPO, Mappy Bezel and a Ink Jet black and white marquee coloured in crayon.

What a place, still have nightmares over the Gorf video. I wonder if this subject will be tackled in the Arcade Impossible video.

LOL!
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »

Agreed, also curious when that video is coming out myself. Probably middle of March is my guess.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 09:17:47 am »

couple of weeks apparently, was cheeky enough to ask a few nights back.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:10 am »

That place.  For reals.

I gotta give em props though, at least they are trying to keep the arcade scene alive ya know?
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 02:59:40 pm »

That place.  For reals.

I gotta give em props though, at least they are trying to keep the arcade scene alive ya know?

I'll give them that but I can't help having a scrubs moment where I see the machines on like IV's. Not that I can fault them for using what they have on hand or anything though but those marquees looked Bad.

Also I was actually about to ask them last night, got tired and went to sleep though. It's why I was re-watching there videos.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: