John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:30:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoo Keeper!  (Read 8652 times)
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »

I'll give them that but I can't help having a scrubs moment where I see the machines on like IV's. Not that I can fault them for using what they have on hand or anything though but those marquees looked Bad.

Bro, most of the games looked awful.
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »

I'll give them that but I can't help having a scrubs moment where I see the machines on like IV's. Not that I can fault them for using what they have on hand or anything though but those marquees looked Bad.

Bro, most of the games looked awful.

I was being nice, also not an expert don't pretend to be. I go by what I'm comfortable with saying.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:19:04 am »

Very nice! Do you have a dedicated Zoo Keeper cab?? None of the arcades in the Chicago area have one... hard to find and keep running!  Undecided

I do!  I lucked out too, its super clean Smiley

DDRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!! Shocked
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 02:23:27 am »

Definitely didn't buy that from Underground Retrocade, otherwise it would be in a Battlezone Cab with a 720 CPO, Mappy Bezel and a Ink Jet black and white marquee coloured in crayon.

What a place, still have nightmares over the Gorf video. I wonder if this subject will be tackled in the Arcade Impossible video.

That place.  For reals.

I gotta give em props though, at least they are trying to keep the arcade scene alive ya know?

I still think that you are all impacted by the first impressions of the place which happens to be the row of games that were released in the mid 80's and not in original cabs and the somewhat of a mess Q*Bert machine they have. Plus, the Fix it Felix, Jr. game in a wide body Nintendo cab is a temporary conversion.

Watch the video AGAIN and notice the fact that they have many classic games in their original cabinet.
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 02:42:21 am »

Watch a video of Galloping Ghost Arcade and you'll really freak out! But please keep an open mind.

They have about 400 games but I would say that about 150 games are in their original cabinets (nice overall total number, right?). The owner is a great guy but is younger and focused on the newer generation of fighting games that didn't really have an original cabinet. In terms of pure numbers, you would see they have many classic games in original cabinets (e.g., Gyruss, Frogger, , Robotron, Berzerk, Frenzy, Burgertime, Warlords, Defender, Spy Hunter, Tapper, Tron, Discs of Tron, Centipede, Millipede, etc. etc.) whereas they have some questionable conversions of other classic games (e.g., Jr., Pengo, Track & Field, Dragon's Lair, Moon Patrol).

The main point is that in pure whole numbers, they have a ton of games in their original cabs but have also made a point of providing at least a workable version of many classic games in conversion cabinets. They are keeping many games alive even though they aren't able to secure original cabs for all of them.

With respect to the fighting games, I couldn't care less about them but it appears that the culture of these games is that they did not have original cabs associated with them but the players were just seeking good controls to play the games. Maybe I am wrong.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »

Definitely didn't buy that from Underground Retrocade, otherwise it would be in a Battlezone Cab with a 720 CPO, Mappy Bezel and a Ink Jet black and white marquee coloured in crayon.

What a place, still have nightmares over the Gorf video. I wonder if this subject will be tackled in the Arcade Impossible video.

That place.  For reals.

I gotta give em props though, at least they are trying to keep the arcade scene alive ya know?

Also I was actually about to ask them last night, got tired and went to sleep though. It's why I was re-watching there videos.

Keeping the machines going deserves a thumbs up.  Call it a work in progress, but just like Sids toys in Toy Story, the games are watching, and they wan't their marquees back.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
airsoftmodels

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 10:53:39 pm »

38,600  Embarrassed

"hard as nails"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:56:35 am by airsoftmodels » Logged
Chuckie egg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

This is such a cool game and the cab is even cooler
Gees, sometimes I wish I wasn't into nintendos as much I would have this for sure
My highest score
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 04:15:53 pm »

Here's a 1.5M point game.  Maybe it will help some of you guys?

http://youtu.be/dslCBCf3HhA
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: