John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:31:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Nintendo Vs Cab -- Odd Find  (Read 5613 times)
jjohnston2004

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »

Hey Guys,

Picked up my first Vs. Cabinet (RBI Baseball) and found this box in the cabinet...any ideas what it can be?

Looks like it's a coin counter of sorts, seems to be tied directly to the coin mechs, with no wires going to the game PCBs.

Here are a few photos. -- Any ideas?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:32:22 pm by jjohnston2004 » Logged
esqueleto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 07:53:29 pm »

Nothing about the power supply section of this cabinet is original Nintendo gear not sure what he box is, maybe take a photo of its internal components.

Joysticks and flip tricks...art, skateboarding and classic arcade gaming!

DK, DK JR., Punchout, TMNT, NBA Jam, Narc, MKII, Outrun, Dragons Lair, Neo Geo 4 slot, GT 2006 Complete, Operation Wolf, Sega 18 Wheeler, Pole Position, Tempest, Super Street Fighter 2, Frogger, Winding Heat and a few more
jjohnston2004

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:47:46 pm »

esqueleto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:07:18 pm »

Whoa, that is a heavy duty relay setup. I see a few orphan plugs hanging out by the coin mechs, best I can tell it was crazy free play mod... maybe a card reading type like Dave and Busters. Where does that skinny black wire go up by the control panel?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:50:22 pm by esqueleto » Logged

DK, DK JR., Punchout, TMNT, NBA Jam, Narc, MKII, Outrun, Dragons Lair, Neo Geo 4 slot, GT 2006 Complete, Operation Wolf, Sega 18 Wheeler, Pole Position, Tempest, Super Street Fighter 2, Frogger, Winding Heat and a few more
esqueleto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22:52 pm »

Is there any odd bolt holes or openings cut into the front of the cab?

jjohnston2004

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 11:08:34 pm »

Yep, there was a single hole for a light which was wired to the coin door lights, I've removed all of these items, and have restored the coin light and coin switch wiring, thank god the install was neat and real professional, wasn't hacked up too much.

Just have to work on fixing these holes...i really don't want to paint it as the laminate is in terrific shape.

Thanks,
Jj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: