John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:48:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 monitor issues[Solved]  (Read 16690 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

neo geo is awesome. what is the plan?

i'm just going to finish wiring the 4th buttons and eventually i will make a new control panel for sf2. i already have the mdf so i need to measure and cut it.
sounds awesome what are you going to do with neo geo after?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:05 am »

neo geo is awesome. what is the plan?

i'm just going to finish wiring the 4th buttons and eventually i will make a new control panel for sf2. i already have the mdf so i need to measure and cut it.
sounds awesome what are you going to do with neo geo after?

i'm going to keep everything so i can switch back if i want. i have multiple neo geo games so it's a lot of value and easy to switch them

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 09:03:20 pm »

You seem to now quite a bit about Street Fighter, do you have a favorite character to use?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

You seem to now quite a bit about Street Fighter, do you have a favorite character to use?

well my original favorite character from Street Fighter World Warrior, which is what I started on, is Guile. but years later I discovered he is broken and unbalanced, being the undisputed only top tier character.

my new favorite character is Cammy!

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

well my original favorite character from Street Fighter World Warrior, which is what I started on, is Guile. but years later I discovered he is broken and unbalanced, being the undisputed only top tier character.

i thought Sagat was the only top tier character

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »

well first of all the original sf2 did not have boss characters selectable.

from the original post:
"If some people are clueless as to what Tier's are, although this summary does not do it justice, I will say that Tier's are a ranking of characters advantages and disadvantages, and exploits, etc, etc when having two players of equal skill against one another (Two players of equal skill who know how to play the game).

Street Fighter II World Warriors

Top Tier
Guile

Upper Tier
Dhalsim

Middle Tier
Everyone Else (no particular order)

Low Tier
Ken
Ryu

Guile - He without question is the undisputed Emperor in WW, he dominates so completely and utterly in this game, that it isn't even funny. He dominates everywhere, zoning, spacing, poking, positioning, you name it, he is #1 period, he even has the crazy 5-hit jab dizzy and re-dizzy, and of course, you can't forget the "handcuffs" although those aren't tournament viable but fun to use on newbies, lolz. Dhalsim is a far, far, and away #2.

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
Note: Hyper Fighting to this day, is the most balanced Street Fighter game ever made, and arguably the most balanced 2-D fighting game of all time, and in my opinion in the Top 3 most balanced fighting games of all time

Top Tier
Ryu
Guile
Blanka

Upper Tier
Sagat
Ken
Zangief

Middle Tier
Chunli
E. Honda
Dhalsim
Balrog

Low Tier
Vega
M. Bison

Ryu - The best character in Hyper Fighting, the speed boost greatly improved his gameplay, and the nerfing of the Top 3 CE characters, Guile, Bison, and Sagat helped as well, since Ryu was ranked #4 in CE. 11-39 Hadouken speed, making it the fastest Hadouken in SFII incarnation, jab shoryuken beast, 1-frame inv. start up hurricane kick which could pass through attacks or projectiles and knock the opponent to the ground, crazy 2 in 1 aerial hurricane kicks against taller opponents, Ryu is the most complete character in HF.

Blanka - Excellent poking game and damage potential, Vertical Roll is simply too good, on hit, and even on block, because on block, it leads to grab throw madness.

Zangief - Super Fast Lariat with 3xKicks with invincibility, crazy cross ups with the beastly body splash, the monster c.mk on block into SPD. HF. Zangief was a contender without a doubt.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (This one, the tier spot in which the character is in, and the placements of their names within that tier spot is not in any particular order, considering some people say O. Sagat, is #1, while other's Sim, other's Rog, etc, etc, you get the idea, however they are ranked within where they are respectively placed though)

Elite Tier
Gouki

Top Tier
O. Sagat
Dhalsim
Balrog
Vega (Alot of people consider him Top Now, so I'm throwing him up there)

Upper Tier
Chunli
Ryu
M. Bison

Middle Tier
Dee Jay
Guile
Ken

Low Tier
E. Honda
Fei-Long
Zangief

Bottom Tier
Hawk
Blanka
Cammy

O. Sagat - Sickening Tiger Shot speed of 11-37, making these Tiger Shots as deadly as his CE counterpart. Plus 2 in 1's with his lk, sickening damage, and super dominant zoning game made O. Sagat one of the most powerful and feared characters in ST.

Balrog - Best Rushdown Game in ST period. Excellent pokes, mixups, and low sweep dash, throw which leads to stupid guessing game and mixups, the BEST SUPER in the game, and it can even stuff out O. Sagat doing a Low Tiger shot from full screen, which is BS imo.

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Top Tier
Chunli
Yun

Upper Tier
Ken
Makoto
Dudley
Yang

Middle Tier
Gouki
Urien
Ryu
Oro
Ibuki
Elena

Low Tier
Necro
Alex
Remy
Q
Hugo
Twelve

Bottom Tier
Sean

I read at srk.com a few months ago, that Chunli had now taken the #1 spot in the 3S Tier Listing, and this was coming from Japan, and since Japan is overall better then any other country in 3S, most would likely agree that they know what they are talking about."

this is pretty accurate. Sagat was notorious for dominating Street Fighter IV in online matches
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:48:57 pm by alby13 » Logged

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »

from the original post:
"If some people are clueless as to what Tier's are, although this summary does not do it justice, I will say that Tier's are a ranking of characters advantages and disadvantages, and exploits, etc, etc when having two players of equal skill against one another (Two players of equal skill who know how to play the game).

Top Tier
Guile

Upper Tier
Dhalsim

Middle Tier

Low Tier
Ken
Ryu

Guile - He without question is the undisputed Emperor in WW, he dominates so completely and utterly in this game, that it isn't even funny. He dominates everywhere, zoning, spacing, poking, positioning, you name it, he is #1 period, he even has the crazy 5-hit jab dizzy and re-dizzy, and of course, you can't forget the "handcuffs" although those aren't tournament viable but fun to use on newbies, lolz. Dhalsim is a far, far, and away #2.

Note: Hyper Fighting to this day, is the most balanced Street Fighter game ever made, and arguably the most balanced 2-D fighting game of all time, and in my opinion in the Top 3 most balanced fighting games of all time

Top Tier
Ryu
Guile
Blanka

Upper Tier
Sagat
Ken
Zangief

Middle Tier
Chunli
E. Honda
Dhalsim
Balrog

Low Tier
Vega
M. Bison

Ryu - The best character in Hyper Fighting, the speed boost greatly improved his gameplay, and the nerfing of the Top 3 CE characters, Guile, Bison, and Sagat helped as well, since Ryu was ranked #4 in CE. 11-39 Hadouken speed, making it the fastest Hadouken in SFII incarnation, jab shoryuken beast, 1-frame inv. start up hurricane kick which could pass through attacks or projectiles and knock the opponent to the ground, crazy 2 in 1 aerial hurricane kicks against taller opponents, Ryu is the most complete character in HF.

Blanka - Excellent poking game and damage potential, Vertical Roll is simply too good, on hit, and even on block, because on block, it leads to grab throw madness.

Zangief - Super Fast Lariat with 3xKicks with invincibility, crazy cross ups with the beastly body splash, the monster c.mk on block into SPD. HF. Zangief was a contender without a doubt.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (This one, the tier spot in which the character is in, and the placements of their names within that tier spot is not in any particular order, considering some people say O. Sagat, is #1, while other's Sim, other's Rog, etc, etc, you get the idea, however they are ranked within where they are respectively placed though)

Elite Tier
Gouki

Top Tier
O. Sagat
Dhalsim
Balrog

Upper Tier
Chunli
Ryu
M. Bison

Middle Tier
Dee Jay
Guile
Ken

Low Tier
E. Honda
Fei-Long
Zangief

Bottom Tier
Hawk
Blanka
Cammy

O. Sagat - Sickening Tiger Shot speed of 11-37, making these Tiger Shots as deadly as his CE counterpart. Plus 2 in 1's with his lk, sickening damage, and super dominant zoning game made O. Sagat one of the most powerful and feared characters in ST.

Balrog - Best Rushdown Game in ST period. Excellent pokes, mixups, and low sweep dash, throw which leads to stupid guessing game and mixups, the BEST SUPER in the game, and it can even stuff out O. Sagat doing a Low Tiger shot from full screen, which is BS imo.

Top Tier
Chunli
Yun

Upper Tier
Ken
Makoto
Dudley
Yang

Middle Tier
Gouki
Urien
Ryu
Oro
Ibuki
Elena

Low Tier
Necro
Alex
Remy
Q
Hugo
Twelve

Bottom Tier
Sean

I read at srk.com a few months ago, that Chunli had now taken the #1 spot in the 3S Tier Listing, and this was coming from Japan, and since Japan is overall better then any other country in 3S, most would likely agree that they know what they are talking about."

this is pretty accurate. Sagat was notorious for dominating Street Fighter IV in online matches

i don't suppose you know a strategy for beating Ryu with Ryu?

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »

from the original post:

Top Tier
Guile

Upper Tier
Dhalsim

Middle Tier

Low Tier
Ken
Ryu

Top Tier
Ryu
Guile
Blanka

Upper Tier
Sagat
Ken
Zangief

Middle Tier
Chunli
E. Honda
Dhalsim
Balrog

Low Tier
Vega
M. Bison

Elite Tier
Gouki

Top Tier
O. Sagat
Dhalsim
Balrog

Upper Tier
Chunli
Ryu
M. Bison

Middle Tier
Dee Jay
Guile
Ken

Low Tier
E. Honda
Fei-Long
Zangief

Bottom Tier
Hawk
Blanka
Cammy

Top Tier
Chunli
Yun

Upper Tier
Ken
Makoto
Dudley
Yang

Middle Tier
Gouki
Urien
Ryu
Oro
Ibuki
Elena

Low Tier
Necro
Alex
Remy
Q
Hugo
Twelve

Bottom Tier
Sean

i don't suppose you know a strategy for beating Ryu with Ryu?

Defeating Ryu with is all about trying to gain an advantage through concentrated play, then continuing with solid play until you defeat him.

I recommend:
Be a machine with fireballs. You must be able to break even or come on top during fireball wars.

Land a jump kick when your opponent miscalculates and throws a fireball, you get a free hit.

Use the dragon punch for anti-air. If you can keep your opponent from jumping in and in fact damage them when they jump in by countering, then you will gain the advantage. don't get greedy and try to go on the offensive after a successful dragon punch. you must stay at jump kicks length and anticipate their next move.

Each time you successfully knock your opponent down, you must throw a fireball and time it so that as soon as they get up they are forced to block or they will take a hit. You won't be vulnerable at all so you may be able to gain an advantage here if you are relentless. Better to be a little slower/late than to waste the fireball if it passes through them.

The theory is that you are evenly matched and will do about the same damage to each other over time, so you need to edge out your opponent.

Hope this helps.

-alby13
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: