John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:48:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 monitor issues[Solved]  (Read 16692 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »

Thanks! I love it. Believe it or not it actually came with an additional both sets of buttons as replacements.

so what's the plan with your monitor and further?
I need to order a flyback and cap kit that's priority get it working.

cool
got any pics of yours?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 10:53:30 am »

Looks like a K7000. Double check here:

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/monitor.html
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 06:17:24 pm »

If that is indeed a K7000 you are in luck, those are workhorse monitors with a great picture and parts are easy to find. Flybacks are relatively inexpensive too, just as an example is

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=784

Shipping can be a bit high using the order form there but they will refund excess, or you can just email them to get exact shipping quote, I have bought from there several times, if you wanna go that route.

Or Bob Roberts also sells them: http://therealbobroberts.net/  and both places sell the cap kits for reasonable prices too, so you can do both at once.

I found a youtube video on changing the flyback, maybe it will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqpouGZ8I-w  If you need more info I can look up some tutorials for you.
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 01:57:45 am »

Thanks! I love it. Believe it or not it actually came with an additional both sets of buttons as replacements.

cool
got any pics of yours?

oh i just saw this. i have my arcade a bit torn apart at this second! pulled the plexiglass and controls out. i'll get new pics for you very soon.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:56 am »

I got the parts Yay happy day. Plan on getting this fired up on the weekend after I complete the cap kit and flyback replacement.

HaaaaDOouKen

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:32 am »

At last a surge has come over me of accomplishment and satisfaction. I replaced my flyback tonight, booted up Street Fighter, all is well in the world. im happy happy happy!

p.s - This must be how John feels all the time!

lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 01:47:50 am »

Congratulations! nothing feels as good as fixing that first monitor or PCB
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 07:36:25 pm »

i love this! do you think you can make a video to tour your arcade machine?

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »

haha bro i have never done that. i'll have to watch more of John's videos to do it right

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

haha bro i have never done that. i'll have to watch more of John's videos to do it right

an easy way is to just record each thing one by one. then you can record your voice over the footage if you wish.

cover the marquee, the side art, monitor bezel art, control panel, monitor face, coin door, then move to the access panels and around the back, back of the monitor, power supply, game board, monitor power units, and anything else unique to this cabinet. like that, if you miss something you can record another clip or insert a picture. pretty easy Smiley at the end you can just put the camera watching the screen and record yourself playing a game to demonstrate the sound and graphics.

-alby13
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 06:06:31 pm »

cool
got any pics of yours?

alright since you asked i took pics today. i added a 4th button, this control panel only had 3 and a lot of neo geo games use 4. i printed a bunch of art of my favorite games and put them on my cabinet i dunno it makes me happy reminiscing.

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 09:16:46 pm »

cool
got any pics of yours?

alright since you asked i took pics today. i added a 4th button, this control panel only had 3 and a lot of neo geo games use 4. i printed a bunch of art of my favorite games and put them on my cabinet i dunno it makes me happy reminiscing.

you converted it to a neo geo!!? don't get me wrong i love Neo Geo but how are you supposed to get your SFII on? Also what programs do you use to record videos then do voice overs and edit?

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:43 pm »

cool
got any pics of yours?

you converted it to a neo geo!!? don't get me wrong i love Neo Geo but how are you supposed to get your SFII on? Also what programs do you use to record videos then do voice overs and edit?

don't worry it's going to be street fighter 2. i obviously need to make a control panel for a 6 button layout. this panel can be unbolted and replaced with the one i make. i'm going to be printing the monitor bezel and control panel art to match the marquee.

uhh when recording you will have raw video file that you can bring into windows movie maker. should be free or downloadable.

personally i used sony vegas or on a mac adobe final cut but those programs are complicated and overkill.

to do a voice over simply record a video of your voice, drop it on the video "timeline" behind your footage, so that the video footage from your voiceover is hidden, and make sure to mute the sound on your initial video footage so it doesn't interfere with your voice track. does that make sense?

-alby13
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 11:35:21 pm »

neo geo is awesome. what is the plan?

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 12:18:31 am »

neo geo is awesome. what is the plan?

i'm just going to finish wiring the 4th buttons and eventually i will make a new control panel for sf2. i already have the mdf so i need to measure and cut it.

-alby13
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: