John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:57:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polybius anyone?  (Read 14742 times)
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:47:01 pm »

Does anyone believe in this game!??? I've researched it multiple times, and I can't make out if it's real or not!!???

Richie Knucklez just posted this video on YouTube, and I don't get it? It looks like a Midway cab (Pac-Man) shape.

John do you know about this!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPDixwaoKM
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:44 pm »

It's fake.
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »

That's what I thought!  Grin
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:20 pm »

That's what I thought!  Grin

Urban Legend. Smiley
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:39 pm »

It's most likely fake, I would however point out that I am the kind of guy who'd make one just to have in the arcade so that when people came in and saw it they'd @#$%! a brick. It'd be funnier than heck to listen to them go "whoa dude when i was playing it i felt all kinds of weird man" in the back of my head id be laughing so hard knowing the truth.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:29 pm »

It's most likely fake, I would however point out that I am the kind of guy who'd make one just to have in the arcade so that when people came in and saw it they'd @#$%! a brick. It'd be funnier than heck to listen to them go "whoa dude when i was playing it i felt all kinds of weird man" in the back of my head id be laughing so hard knowing the truth.
I, Know Right!?!?  Cheesy I would love to try and make something like that! Then trick my friends!
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:10:22 pm »

Christ this urban legend even existed in the UK.

one of the creepier vids on youtube complete with subliminal message flashes etc.

COOPERATE
OBEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02v588Unf8

or play here....if you dare....http://www.sinnesloschen.com/1.php

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:16:05 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 07:18:57 pm »

Christ the urban legend even existed in the UK.

Pretty sure we have that same legend here too.

(sorry couldn't resist. CALM DOWN! I'm Catholic, kinda.)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »

seems like a waist of time, its like having a fake Rolex in a nice watch collection...

now I understand the world of desired collector fakes, paintings, ect... but a full on arcade cabinet ?

what's the point, those in the know... know its fake, an those who don't are like its a dead 80's cabinet they never heard of...

where is the payoff ?
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »

seems like a waist of time, its like having a fake Rolex in a nice watch collection...

now I understand the world of desired collector fakes, paintings, ect... but a full on arcade cabinet ?

what's the point, those in the know... know its fake, an those who don't are like its a dead 80's cabinet they never heard of...

where is the payoff ?

In my case its an excuse to make a cabinet from scratch that id probably make into a multicade in the guise of a polybius cabinet. I'm still a firm believer in practicality.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:24 am »

where is the payoff ?

In my case its an excuse to make a cabinet from scratch that id probably make into a multicade in the guise of a polybius cabinet. I'm still a firm believer in practicality.

ok i'm with you on a scratch built multicade or mame upright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: