John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:21:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: After reading this post, do you want a beer now?
Yes - 3 (42.9%)
No - 4 (57.1%)
I already was enjoying a beer when I read it - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Beer currently  (Read 55382 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:56:05 pm »

We have a few beer drinkers here, right? I've heard John talking about how he loves IPAs on his podcast.

I can also appreciate a good IPA.

However, my favorite regular beer (one you can get at the store) is: PranQster Belgian Style Golden Ale.

VITAL STATISTICS
Style: Belgian Style Golden Ale
Color: Soft Gold
ABV: 7.6%
Bitterness: 20 IBUs

-------
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:00:33 pm »

Also, my favorite session beer (one you can drink a lot without getting hammered) is:

Dale's Pale Ale (in a 24oz Tallboy can)

This is a nice tasty ale, reminiscent of a past time when summers were timeless and spent next to a secluded river with friends and plenty of beer.

-------
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »

Here is one last winner... (Good things come in three's right?)

Kwak Belgian Strong Pale Ale - Served in the unique Pauwel Kwak Glass

Note: One of my favorite cigar lounges in San Diego, Churchill Cigar Lounge, serves this with the unique glass and wooden holster. The bartender told me the reason is because in horse and buggy days they needed a place to put their beer. Or more eloquently stated: "The glass is a coachman's type beer glass.The wooden stand allowed coachman in a horse and buggy to be handed a beer to enjoy in their travels.  The wooden handled stand allows for a good grip and stand to rest the glass - reducing the chances of the beer spilling."

Brewed by: Brouwerij Bosteels, Belgium

Type: Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  8.40% ABV

-------
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

I have had Dales before, it's pretty good. Never heard of the other two but I will seek them out!!

I bought a 6 pack of this tonight. It's pretty good:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/48385/

pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »

my favorite, brewed up in northern California... Pliny...

lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 04:55:13 am »

Doom Bar - Sharpes Cornwall

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
VertexGuy
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »

lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 04:23:32 pm »

Cool stuff in the UK! I need to get out there!!

Drinking this right now:

lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »

Just had 2 pints of this with a meal in the local pub.  I could have stayed for more, but with work tomorrow, better not.

BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

last beer I drank was my own homebrew, an all grain stout I made, custom recipe in beersmith2. Right now drinking a hard cider, actually a Smith & Forge (made by i think the coors people?) its nice, not as sweet as Angry Orchard / Woodchuck. got a little tartness to it, quite nice. 6% ABV.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 07:35:13 pm »

I noticed two of John's beers are California breweries... (Stone in Escondido and Lagunitas in  Petaluma). John do you have an affinity for California beer? When you're drinking it, do you imagine a beach with babes and surfboards, nice breeze, palm trees, and just overall living the California dream? I know you do feel like that when you sip those beers. Smiley

-------
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:36:14 pm »

funny thing is its hard as hell to enjoy a beer on the beach out here in California you have to hide it well ( unfortunately )

my brother-in-law works for Miller / SAB and I score allot of new brews from him & sis for free, Blue Moon seems to be my favorite of the big box brewers...
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:40 pm »

funny thing is its hard as hell to enjoy a beer on the beach out here in California you have to hide it well ( unfortunately )

my brother-in-law works for Miller / SAB and I score allot of new brews from him & sis for free, Blue Moon seems to be my favorite of the big box brewers...

Definitely not easy to drink on the beach here in So Cal.

-------
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:48 pm »

Tonight I'm drinking Netherlands finest nectar as a toast to all the great guys who are helping me on DLF with artwork for Dodgem - Etienne and Bela, Cheers guys!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: