John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:24:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power supply / fuses  (Read 1461 times)
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

My Atari cab converted into 1942. so put new fuses in it and a power supply. all fuses that it had was the wrong size fuses.
But once i change the fuses the yoke on the monitor doesnt want to light up now.
Power supply had 2 connects to +5v/12a and to the +12v/2a also no connects to the -5v/a1 and the +5v LED.

Another thing is should i be getting even if the monitor is not working?

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
Pins - Black Hole / Meteor
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »

***should i be getting sound

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
Pins - Black Hole / Meteor
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:46:19 pm »

Sound is completely dependant on the game. Games can play "blind" which is where the game runs fine but monitor is dead. Usually you will hear sound if that was the case. since this is not, maybe your game is dead as well or something is up with the power. Double check your fuses. Double check your voltage. check for voltage on the monitor

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: