John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:06:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 - battery compartment on PCB  (Read 2730 times)
Chefgon

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »

I have a 3 PCB that I keep around to periodically swap into my DK Jr cabinet, and I've noticed that the DK3 board has a spot to insert two AA batteries on it. I glanced through the original Nintendo instruction manual and I didn't see it mentioned, so I was wondering what it's for. I don't have the guts to put batteries in it to investigate myself because I'm afraid I would break it.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

I have a 3 PCB that I keep around to periodically swap into my DK Jr cabinet, and I've noticed that the DK3 board has a spot to insert two AA batteries on it. I glanced through the original Nintendo instruction manual and I didn't see it mentioned, so I was wondering what it's for. I don't have the guts to put batteries in it to investigate myself because I'm afraid I would break it.

The battery compartment is for book keeping stuff. You should not insert batteries as there is no benefit in doing so and you risk damaging your board from acid damage if they start to leak.
Chefgon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »

Yet another mystery of the universe solved. Thanks, John!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: