John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:37:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Gear list from John  (Read 31802 times)
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 11:54:28 pm »

That's my friend Adam. He has been in a few of my videos.

I wish Adam would post more videos... I watched them all. Mesmerizing. The intelligence level of that guy, wow. So cool to watch.

By the way John, I went to an arcade museum and tonight played a Budweiser tapper with the nice color side art. U Jelly bro? hehe
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:53 am »

I wish Adam would post more videos... I watched them all. Mesmerizing. The intelligence level of that guy, wow. So cool to watch.

By the way John, I went to an arcade museum and tonight played a Budweiser tapper with the nice color side art. U Jelly bro? hehe

Jealous? No. Smiley normal tapper plays the same. Cheesy
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:40 am »

my friend bill has a tapper , not with the color side art but its still very nice.
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 11:48:10 am »

I had to mention Tapper because I had no awareness of it before seeing your videos. Last night was the first time I played it. I was shocked at how great the game was. Then I realized If I ever get a chance to buy a tapper I would not think twice about buying it and definitely never sell it.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:14 pm »

I had to mention Tapper because I had no awareness of it before seeing your videos. Last night was the first time I played it. I was shocked at how great the game was. Then I realized If I ever get a chance to buy a tapper I would not think twice about buying it and definitely never sell it.

TAPPER RULES!!!
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 03:44:39 pm »

Tapper is on my must get list.  I've only come across two.  One Beat one for 1k and a nice one for 1500.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 10:38:11 am »

john, for flux you should use a flux pen, the paste is old school and only useful for wires not PCB's

http://www.amazon.com/SRA-No-Clean-Soldering-Flux-refills/dp/B008QPT4MG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1394465837&sr=8-6&keywords=solder+flux+pen

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 10:48:56 am »

john, for flux you should use a flux pen, the paste is old school and only useful for wires not PCB's

http://www.amazon.com/SRA-No-Clean-Soldering-Flux-refills/dp/B008QPT4MG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1394465837&sr=8-6&keywords=solder+flux+pen

Interesting. Everyone that I know uses the paste! Even my EE friends. Smiley
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 10:49:46 am »

i'm telling you, way way easier and way less mess. especially since you use a flux screw driver !

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 10:55:47 am »

i'm telling you, way way easier and way less mess. especially since you use a flux screw driver !

Again, I knew I was gonna get called on it! Smiley LOL! I like my screwdriver!
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

Again, I knew I was gonna get called on it! Smiley LOL! I like my screwdriver!

Vodka and Orange Juice.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
zds76

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 06:41:44 pm »

I really think every person should learn how to use one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Elenco-Electronics-LP-560-Logic-Probe/dp/B000Z9HAP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393552396&sr=8-1&keywords=logic+probe

You can fix a lot of dead PCB's with just one of those and a soldering iron.

Ian if you have a board that needs fixing I would and Im sure others would love to see how this tool could be used to save us a little money and fix things ourselves. Please make a video and show us the way.
zds76

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:25 pm »

This is a great thread don't know how I missed this. I will have to admit I have copied most of John's equipment just so I can look at his how to's and be able to know I have the right tools.
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 08:47:31 pm »

Gotta point of advice here, right now if anyone is in the market for a new wire stripper/cutter I just picked up the one John has from Radio Shack today on 4/6/2014 for $15. Normally it's $20.
Etienne MacGyver

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 04:09:14 am »

This is a great thread don't know how I missed this. I will have to admit I have copied most of John's equipment just so I can look at his how to's and be able to know I have the right tools.
Make sure you got that hi tech flux apply tool that john uses Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: