John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:26:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 minute if your time to help Prostate Cancer Research UK  (Read 2520 times)
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »

Hi - This is a genuine campaign in the UK, answer a few simple questions on your knowledge of Prostate Cancer and you will be more educated, plus a UK supermarket called Iceland donates 50p to the research.

Can someone post this on KLOV, for some reason I can't post even though I should be fine to do so.

Thanks

http://menunited.prostatecanceruk.org/test/1

I got 1 out of 5, see if you can beat my score!

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

Hi - This is a genuine campaign in the UK, answer a few simple questions on your knowledge of Prostate Cancer and you will be more educated, plus a UK supermarket called Iceland donates 50p to the research.

Can someone post this on KLOV, for some reason I can't post even though I should be fine to do so.

Thanks

http://menunited.prostatecanceruk.org/test/1

I got 1 out of 5, see if you can beat my score!

I survived cancer.  in the united states.
the donations didn't help me one bit.  don't bother.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »

Yawn.

For the others with an ounce of goodness, please click link

Master Shipwright and his Assistant, Chatham Dockyard, to Navy Board, 17 June 1756.
On Tuesday a petition was brought to the Honourable Thomas Cooper, Esq., Commissioner of this yard, by John Bissenden and Robert Woodriff, shipwrights, in behalf of the whole body of shipwrights, relating to their carrying chips out of the yard on their shoulders. The next day the Commissioner sent for them in the presence of the Master Shipwright and the First Assistant and represented to them the ill consequence of such proceedings, and read to them your Honourable Board's warrant of the 4 May 1753 on which the said two men withdrew the petition and said they would talk to all the people and believe everybody would be satisfied with what had been said to them. And in the afternoon the Master Shipwright sent for all the foremen and quartermen and read the Order to them of the 4th May 1753, and give every quarterman a particular charge to tell all his men separately what the order was relating to their lowering their chips and carrying them under their arm out of the yard.
This day at twelve of the clock some few of the workmen about one hundred and fifty came up first to the gate without any chips, afterwards about twenty more came and lowered their chips agreeable to the Board's warrant. Then came John Miller, shipwright, about thirty feet before the main body of the people, on which the Master Shipwright ordered him to lower his chips. He answered he would not, with that the Master Shipwright took hold of him, and said he should. He, the said Miller replied, 'Are not the chips mine? I will not lower them.' Immediately the main body pushed on with their chips on their shoulders, crowded and forced the Master Shipwright and the First Assistant through the gateway, and when out of the yard give three huzzas.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:15:59 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

Yawn?
Have you ever have cancer?  watch a friend not recover from it?
People have been donating to that cause for decades you think they used enough money yet?
Have you ever even been to a cancer treatment center? 
Or visited patients ?  no?  nothing?  then what the fuck are you doing?
Or are you just trying to make yourself look cool?

John please keep this shit off your forums please it was bad enough I had to go through it.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:26:50 pm »

Never assume about me pal.

The answer to some of those questions is yes - and mind your fucking business.

Stay the fuck off my posts in future.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:32:30 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:07 pm »

I think we call can agree cancer is bad news. If you wanna participate, do it. If not, just move on. This thread is doing no harm here. I don't foresee us having other threads like this anyways.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:43:29 pm by John's Arcade » Logged
TheRealBobcat
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »

Yawn?
Have you ever have cancer?  watch a friend not recover from it?
People have been donating to that cause for decades you think they used enough money yet?
Have you ever even been to a cancer treatment center? 
Or visited patients ?  no?  nothing?  then what the fuck are you doing?
Or are you just trying to make yourself look cool?

John please keep this shit off your forums please it was bad enough I had to go through it.

took 1 minute, job done.

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:17:42 am »

Never assume about me pal.

The answer to some of those questions is yes - and mind your fucking business.

Stay the fuck off my posts in future.

Or?  or what your gonna beat me up?
you gonna bomb the united states or something?

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:21 am »

Guys, I have been running forums for a long time. I don't typically delete threads and I don't heavily moderate. I don't want to lock this thread. So, please just ignore each other or something. Smiley We're all adults here, right?
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »

Sure - I think we all learned a few things here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: