John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:53:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for transporting pinballs  (Read 1884 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:52:25 pm »

So i made the mistake of bidding on a bunch of pinballs on an auction and ended up winning 3.
Those 3 are,
Williams Whirlwind
Williams Black knight
Williams Gorgar

I am going to be borrowing my dad's Yukon XL. I don't think I can fit all 3 of them in there unless someone can tell me otherwise. But I was planning to rent an enclosed trailer. Does anyone have some advice about transport and securing?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

So i made the mistake of bidding on a bunch of pinballs on an auction and ended up winning 3.
Those 3 are,
Williams Whirlwind
Williams Black knight
Williams Gorgar

I am going to be borrowing my dad's Yukon XL. I don't think I can fit all 3 of them in there unless someone can tell me otherwise. But I was planning to rent an enclosed trailer. Does anyone have some advice about transport and securing?

Black Knight and Gorgar will have removable heads. Whirlwind will fold down.

I would remove the legs, fold or remove the heads, and transport them flat. Remove the from all the games before moving.

When you are ready to bring them in your house use an appliance dolly wiht strap like this:

(this dolly is a little odd but you get the idea)

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »

so don't sit them upright? does the glass rattle around? Will i need to strap the head to the body or just folding enough?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »

so don't sit them upright? does the glass rattle around? Will i need to strap the head to the body or just folding enough?

Whirlwind is the only pin you're getting with a folding head. I would put some cardboard between the head and the cabinet. you can strap it down if you are driving like a maniac. Smiley On Gorgar and Black Knight you will remove the heads and store them next to the cabinet.

I always transport pins FLAT (in the back of my Explorer). Upright should be ok too. Just remove the first!

BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »

loooove gorgar. hope the PF is very nice since its like a what 1978? 1979? and they didnt do mylar or hardcoating on the PF so every goargar I've seen has planking and super worn out through to the wood.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: