John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:09:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AC/DC or Metallica Pins  (Read 4450 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:09 pm »

Hey guys,

Have you seen any of the reviews of these pinball games? I think they look really cool. But I can't bring myself to understand why you have to play a song all the way through... I'd rather have lots of cool voices (i.e. hear James Hatfield shouting or something when you make an achievement) than hearing the entire rendition of Enter Sandman. IDK, i just thought it was really weird... And I love both Metallica and AC/DC. But to only give you access to a few of their hit songs and that's what you get... VS being able to sync up your whole music library and play any song.

-------
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:33:44 am »

That AC/DC pin is awesome.  I love it so much, If I had the money I'd buy them all up.

I seriously would never tire of destroying them.   A Martika or Debbie Gibson pin would have far more street cred.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:19:14 am »

I'm not a metallica fan, so I think that is an easy choice for me. The AC/DC pin is awesome. I think the LE AC/DC is one of the coolest Pins i have ever seen.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:21:03 pm »

acdc, proven, great ruleset, completed software.

met has issues, the snake, hammer, unfinished software etc. give it another year before looking at a met.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
ronsplooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:14:01 pm »

AC/DC is one of the best pins ever made in my opinion. Absolutely awesome game with loads of strategy and a great rush to play. I really like Metallica as well, it's just let down a bit by software at the moment. Once that gets sorted then it will be a really great, fun game.....still not as good as AC/DC though  Smiley

On the music thing, once you get into a game you kind of don't notice it too much. At least with AC/DC the songs are part of the game but on Metallica its just background tunes.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:31:25 am »

sweet, thanks for the replies guys. i'm going to have to check out ac/dc somewhere. i'm sure somewhere here in so cal has to have one.

-------
VertexGuy
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »

Hey guys,

Have you seen any of the reviews of these pinball games? I think they look really cool. But I can't bring myself to understand why you have to play a song all the way through... I'd rather have lots of cool voices (i.e. hear James Hatfield shouting or something when you make an achievement) than hearing the entire rendition of Enter Sandman. IDK, i just thought it was really weird... And I love both Metallica and AC/DC. But to only give you access to a few of their hit songs and that's what you get... VS being able to sync up your whole music library and play any song.

that metallica pinball sucks .
Id rather just throw on fade to black and play call of duty ghost.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »

Hey guys,

that metallica pinball sucks .
Id rather just throw on fade to black and play call of duty ghost.

I actually think the art is too whimsical (i.e. the whacky dude with the 3 foot long tongue). They should have went for a darker theme.

-------
VertexGuy
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 09:23:27 pm »

I'm not a metallica fan, so I think that is an easy choice for me. The AC/DC pin is awesome. I think the LE AC/DC is one of the coolest Pins i have ever seen.

I WAS a metallica fan until after the black album. and I had two brand new metallica pins for sale in front of me but ill pass.

Ive never played the ac dc pin..  id like to though.
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »

I WAS a metallica fan until after the black album. and I had two brand new metallica pins for sale in front of me but ill pass.

Ive never played the ac dc pin..  id like to though.

Same here. After the Black album things kind of went to hell in a handbasket. Lars Ulrich taking paperwork to the court made me seed their discography for the next 10+ years.

-------
Player 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

I'm not into playing pinball to music that has been force fed to us for the last however many years, even if I still really enjoy the music. For me it takes away the cool factor. Wouldn't it have been better for AC/DC or Metallica to submit new material exclusive to the pinball games? That would make it extra sweet to own one of those tables! Otherwise I just feel like I'm playing pinball over a CD player that I'm unable to turn off.

-The Red Guy

Cabs: Tron, MKII, MK4, KI2, Blitz99, TMNT, Pac-Mania, Defender, Mame Box.
PCBs: MK1, UMK3, Killer Instinct, Area51, Sunset Riders
Pins: Attack from Mars, Bride of PinBot
Aeolus7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »

The full song phenomenon is interesting.  I like it, though I think pinball lends itself to 5-15 sec song snippets & sounds, but I like the experimentation. 

- I've played AC/DC pro version.  There's a lot to do and it's a fun, super bright, & colorful game.
- I haven't played Metallica, but I think the art is fantastic and the theme is integrated well.  I like the simplicity of it.  I know everyone doesn't share this opinion, but it's the best looking "new" pin I've seen.  It stands far out from the cookie cutter art of the licensed properties.

Lineup: DK, Vs Unisystem, Mario Bros, Bally Vector, Stern Meteor, SI cocktail

WTB: Burgertime, Galaga, PC10 cabinet, Pacman Cabaret, DE TMNT, DE Batman, Taxi, Funhouse, BTTF
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »

I'm not into playing pinball to music that has been force fed to us for the last however many years, even if I still really enjoy the music. For me it takes away the cool factor. Wouldn't it have been better for AC/DC or Metallica to submit new material exclusive to the pinball games? That would make it extra sweet to own one of those tables! Otherwise I just feel like I'm playing pinball over a CD player that I'm unable to turn off.

-The Red Guy

That would be awesome if they did have new music just for the pins..

-------
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: