John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:28:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: POST PICTURES OF YOUR GAMEROOM HERE!  (Read 11061 times)
Chefgon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »

My game room is pretty tame compared to some of these, but I'm really proud of it. It was an unfinished basement when we bought the house a year ago, and we spent about eight months putting up the walls and ceiling ourselves. This video was recorded rather hastily once everything was finished so I could show the new room off to my friends and family. I know it's not technically "pictures" as requested, but it's all I've got handy.

http://youtu.be/eLLy_GSgblY

We've had the Galaga and the DK Jr for several years now and we've always planned on getting more games, but circumstances have just never been quite right so our collection never had a chance to grow. We did add one game last year in the form of a 3 PCB that we can swap into the DK Jr cabinet, so we have a little variety there. Replacing the original wiring harness with a DK3-friendly Edge Connector one was a fun challenge since it was the first real work I've done on an arcade machine. Also, the serial number on our DK Jr machine is 20. I don't really know if that makes it special or not, but I've always found it entertaining.

Hopefully some time soon we'll be able to add something new to the lineup (we've been looking at pinball machines recently, but getting one squeezed into the room layout will be a challenge). In the mean time, my wife and I play a lot of pool and challenge each other's high scores on the three games we do have. We get a lot of good use out of this room.
DarthDigital

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 12:11:06 am »

"My game room is pretty tame compared-"

I think not. Pool, darts, sports tables and two arcade cabs?

Impressive.

You got LOTS of space in that basement mate. Just itchin' for more arcade cabs. Perhaps a pinball?

Oh, and I can appreciate your walls/flag color scheme...but you need to kill the lights...get some neon lighting and a moody pool table lamp!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:51:20 am by DarthDigital » Logged

I game. Therefore I am.
Chefgon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

I definitely need a nice hanging light for the pool table. It's on my to-do list, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. And kudos on spotting the darts, I completely forgot to mention that in the video (or even open the doors before starting the walkthrough). There's also a chalkboard painted onto one wall you can just barely see in a couple shots that I also forgot to mention.

Sure enough I was measuring around and there is enough room for a pinball table if I move the foosball sideways. Don't have the money for it yet but I just started a fund based on that discovery. I have my eyes on a Fireball Classic that's currently available in a local shop, but who knows if it'll still be there by the time I have enough cash saved up.

After that, I'll probably have to start taking things out as new things come in. The first thing to go will probably be the TV with the old game consoles. I have an unused spare bedroom upstairs that I can move that stuff into. It's classic gaming related, but not really arcade related, so it won't be a big loss to move them somewhere else in the house as long as they remain hooked up.

I also have a tabletop mame cabinet in my living room upstairs. I'll have to put up a couple pictures of that when I get a chance.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 09:27:39 am »

My game room is pretty tame compared to some of these, but I'm really proud of it. It was an unfinished basement when we bought the house a year ago, and we spent about eight months putting up the walls and ceiling ourselves. This video was recorded rather hastily once everything was finished so I could show the new room off to my friends and family. I know it's not technically "pictures" as requested, but it's all I've got handy.

http://youtu.be/eLLy_GSgblY

We've had the Galaga and the DK Jr for several years now and we've always planned on getting more games, but circumstances have just never been quite right so our collection never had a chance to grow. We did add one game last year in the form of a 3 PCB that we can swap into the DK Jr cabinet, so we have a little variety there. Replacing the original wiring harness with a DK3-friendly Edge Connector one was a fun challenge since it was the first real work I've done on an arcade machine. Also, the serial number on our DK Jr machine is 20. I don't really know if that makes it special or not, but I've always found it entertaining.

Hopefully some time soon we'll be able to add something new to the lineup (we've been looking at pinball machines recently, but getting one squeezed into the room layout will be a challenge). In the mean time, my wife and I play a lot of pool and challenge each other's high scores on the three games we do have. We get a lot of good use out of this room.

Looks really nice! And cozy! You got TONS of room for more. Do it! Smiley
Chefgon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »

Turns out I did have room for more. Haven't gotten around to that pinball table yet but I just added this lovely 2-slot Neo Geo MVS to the lineup. The guy I bought it from also had a 6-slot for sale but the cabinet was absolutely massive and it just wouldn't have fit (I think it would have left about 4 inches of clearance to the ceiling). Either way, I'm perfectly happy with it so far. It's currently running King of the Monsters 2 and Fatal Fury 2.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 07:08:25 pm »

Turns out I did have room for more. Haven't gotten around to that pinball table yet but I just added this lovely 2-slot Neo Geo MVS to the lineup. The guy I bought it from also had a 6-slot for sale but the cabinet was absolutely massive and it just wouldn't have fit (I think it would have left about 4 inches of clearance to the ceiling). Either way, I'm perfectly happy with it so far. It's currently running King of the Monsters 2 and Fatal Fury 2.

Looks awesome! Great selection of fun games there!
trippn1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 02:31:11 pm »

I havent got it yet, im gonna have it by June 18. This is a picture from the website. You leik?
Link to photo-
http://spacekidets.com/images/photo5.jpg
trippn1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:52:44 pm »

Finally got a video of the arcade. Its small, but im proud of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqK9XqckNQ
Check it out plz and reply?!?!
Thx John,
-CCA
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 07:58:42 pm »

Finally got a video of the arcade. Its small, but im proud of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqK9XqckNQ
Check it out plz and reply?!?!
Thx John,
-CCA

Great video and collection, keep it up!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: