John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:06:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Toronto  (Read 1571 times)
DarthDigital

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:11 pm »

Howdy all. Names Wil. Been a fan of John's work for the last year. I've recently taken up the hobby of...*gasp*...MAME.

I know, I know...your thinking another cab-hacker, some bloke up North that ruins priceless arcade cabs so he could slap in a computer and some tacky marquee with a mish mash of arcade icons;

Well, no worries! With the exception of spray painting a control panel, I've preserved the 'structural integrity' of my cabinets.

Currently got three cabs. (WrestleFest, Generic RomStar cabinet (Currently with a Moon Cresta marquee) and my proud little center piece; Asteroids Cocktail Cabinet.

All three have been cleaned up, I-Pac'ed and dolled 'em up with CRT tube monitors and speaker/amp hacks.

I'm currently on the hunt for a Golden Tee 2K (original cab) Should have it this Friday barring any problems.

I'm sporting a tiny game room in an apartment den. I figure I can squeeze in a few more cabs before my wife kills me. ;)

Frankly with our currently lodgings, MAME really is the best way to enjoy a variety of games and save space. Long term goals is at least two more. A driver game (Outrun perhaps) and a trackball cab.

So hello all. Hope you don't mind my picking your brains for Arcade savy, and to ya purists, fear not; No cabinets were mutilated during the production of this Canuck's 'Bar'Cade.

'Wil

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:18:12 am by DarthDigital » Logged

I game. Therefore I am.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:49:43 am »

Welcome to the site! Glad you made it. MAME is cool. I love my little MAME cab.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: