John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:35:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johns arcade yourtube mala theme  (Read 4342 times)
arcadepcnut

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2014, 02:43:16 pm »

Hello all. I signed up here looking for johns mala theme. I have a vertical and horizontal mame cab and loved the layout of the them. I am upgradeing from dos and arcadeos on my cabs Smiley
If I cant have johns anyone know of a nice one that works on horizontal as well as vertical . I would like both machines to have the same frontend and similar layouts. thanks!
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »

John's Mala theme can be downloaded here
http://johnsarcade.com/mala/johnsarcadecom.zip

It really only works in vertical. I don't know of any good themes for mala that work with both.

Hyperspin works super good in horizontal and okay for vertical if you were looking to go that route.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
arcadepcnut

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

I have invested hours in hyperspin and cant get it working. That frontend looks great but makes me feel really stupid.

does hyperspin look okay at 640x480 on real arcade CRTs?
I have been waiting years for hyperspin 2.0 to come out.

Also thank you for the link! I wonder if anyone has modified it to work on horizontal?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »

I am sure you could modify it to work horizontally, i never bothered since i only have one vert cab with mame. I run hyperspin on my desktop PC and will probably switch my vert mame cab to hyperspin. I am sure it will look find at 640x480.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:41:44 pm »

if you want any help with setting up hyperspin i will do my best. It took me a long while to get it working right.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 12:31:43 pm »

I have invested hours in hyperspin and cant get it working. That frontend looks great but makes me feel really stupid.

does hyperspin look okay at 640x480 on real arcade CRTs?
I have been waiting years for hyperspin 2.0 to come out.

Also thank you for the link! I wonder if anyone has modified it to work on horizontal?

Somebody out there did modify my theme to work on horizontal. Google it?
Mihoshi20

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:46 am »

Anyone use the mGalaxy front end? I've been working recently to port John's fantastic MaLa theme to it. It's still fairly rough around the edges but coming along nicely. I could have sworn John had released the illustrator files or a PSD with the assets for the MaLa theme but came up short looking for it recently. Also, apologies poking an old thread but I didn't feel the need to start a new one when it was probably most appropriate here.

Update: Finally finished the port of the theme to the mGalaxy front end.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:56:27 am by Mihoshi20 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: