John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:06:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! From Parkersburg, WV!  (Read 1791 times)
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:15:16 am »

Hello! About a year ago, my dad got me so interested in arcade machines after he bought himself an Original Dedicated Ms. PAC-MAN. I then started the journey to learning about these things. (I learned most from John!) My first machine, was a Nintendo VS. Hogans Alley in a Blue Nintendo Cab. At the same time, my dad had picked up another blue Nintendo Cab with a Junior Bootleg PCB in it (Weird 3 game with DK Jr. sounds) basically all the DK Jr sprites were changed to DK3's. The cab did have a DK3 marquee, Control Panel, and bezel. (all were fake, as was board) Meanwhile, My Hogans Alley, was listed as "Parts or Not Working" on eBay when I bought it. First day I got it, it was running. Heck, all I had to do was plug in the pcb and some other connections. The only thing really wrong with the game was the Sanyo EZ20 in it had jail bars, so I did a cap kit on it that I got from Bob Roberts. Since, my dad was going to convert his Nintendo cab into Original DK, I thought I would just do DK3 in mine. (Considering mine was a blue cab and not orange. Otherwise, it would have been a DK Jr.) I thought it would be cool to have a line-up. So, pretty much that's what I did. I now have a DK3, fully up and running! Ms. PAC-MAN is still going strong. We are still currently working on the DK cab my dad bought. We just got a BK 467 (Monitor Rejuver), and we need to rejuve the Sanyo EZ20 in it, it is missing red, even after a cap kit. We happened to get lucky and pick up a CR-23 monitor adapter along with it! (Adapter for Sanyo). We also, have a Millipede that was bought non-working and fixed it for like $10. "Atari Big Blue Capacitor" was bad Cheesy. By the way John, your videos along with Tighe's and ArcadeImpossible, really got me inspired into this stuff too!  Cheesy I'm actually doing a restore series on the DK right now on YouTube. New video will be up soon. http://goo.gl/vAXZNz Well, I hope you enjoyed my story Cheesy    
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:07:23 am by UnwoundS3GA » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:21:37 am »

Hello! About a year ago, my dad got me so interested in arcade machines after he bought himself an Original Dedicated Ms. PAC-MAN. I then started the journey to learning about these things. (I learned most from John!) My first machine, was a Nintendo VS. Hogans Alley in a Blue Nintendo Cab. At the same time, my dad had picked up another blue Nintendo Cab with a Junior Bootleg PCB in it (Weird 3 game with DK Jr. sounds) basically all the DK Jr sprites were changed to DK3's. The cab did have a DK3 marquee, Control Panel, and bezel. (all were fake, as was board) Meanwhile, My Hogans Alley, was listed as "Parts or Not Working" on eBay when I bought it. First day I got it, it was running. Heck, all I had to do was plug in the pcb and some other connections. The only thing really wrong with the game was the Sanyo EZ20 in it had jail bars, so I did a cap kit on it that I got from Bob Roberts. Since, my dad was going to convert his Nintendo cab into Original DK, I thought I would just do DK3 in mine. (Considering mine was a blue cab and not orange. Otherwise, it would have been a DK Jr.) I thought it would be cool to have a line-up. So, pretty much that's what I did. I now have a DK3, fully up and running! Ms. PAC-MAN is still going strong. We are still currently working on the DK cab my dad bought. We just got a BK 467 (Monitor Rejuver), and we need to rejuve the Sanyo EZ20 in it, it is missing red, even after a cap kit. We happened to get lucky and pick up a CR-23 monitor adapter along with it! (Adapter for Sanyo). We also, have a Millipede that was bought non-working and fixed it for like $10. "Atari Big Blue Capacitor" was bad Cheesy. By the way John, your videos along with Tighe's and ArcadeImpossible, really got me inspired into this stuff too!  Cheesy I'm actually doing a restore series on the DK right now on YouTube. New video will be up soon. http://goo.gl/vAXZNz Well, I hope you enjoyed my story Cheesy    

That's awesome! Thanks for joining the forums here. I remember watching one of your vids before. Keep it up!
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 03:51:17 pm »

Thanks John! I appreciate it!  ;)  I saw what happened today on YouTube, with The Video Game Years.... ugg, people these days.  Undecided 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:11:06 am »

Thanks John! I appreciate it!  ;)  I saw what happened today on YouTube, with The Video Game Years.... ugg, people these days.  Undecided 

yeah, crazy, right?!
Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »

Hey thanks for mentioning me! :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: