John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:55:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gottlieb counterforce thoughts?  (Read 1716 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:04 pm »

There is a guy about an hour away from me that is selling a working but in okay shape counterforce for $400. I don't know anything about this machine, I have tried looking up stuff online and watch videos of the game but I have never seen one in person. What are your thoughts on the machine and is it worth looking at?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:37:06 pm »

original system 80 game, with all the ground problems and board issues that come with it. lots of issues there.

the game itself, nothing to really do. 7 drops and really thats it. I would not want this as my only pin or first pin.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
ronsplooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

Got to agree with BloodyCactus on this one, if it's your only pin then you'll probably get bored of it quickly. I've played it once at the London Pinball Championships as part of the classics comp and it was a bit meh! Tournament play is never the best way to judge a pin but its a very open playfield with not a lot going on.

Having said that, $400 is cheap for any pin and in pinball, one mans turd is another mans gem so you might love it. Will the guy who's selling it let you go over and put some games on it, then you could get a feel for whether it's something you'll enjoy?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: