John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:42:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paperboy on the NES  (Read 1433 times)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:34:52 pm »

I'm actually very bad at this game . However I was curious what everyone else thought of the game. I know john has or had one in his basement as an arcade game. I'm wagering that the arcade game is easier to play because its like your actually riding a bike. I dunno just throwing this out there to open a dialog.

Also my current best is 45,700 points ;) {yes i am updating this as i do better} and the highest day ive made it to is Friday.

-several plays later-

I'm actually starting to kind of fall in love with this game. at first its like "urg how do i avoid that stupid tornado" then i start to understand i can go in the grass and how to dodge things and when exactly to aim to hit the mail box.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:31:57 pm by Shadaw_The_Rampage » Logged

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:50:10 am »

I don't remember the NES version but I am sure I have played it.

I'm not a great Paperboy player but I have found that controls are pretty good with the handlebars. I know I tried playing Paperboy on my iPhone and it was impossible! Smiley
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »

Ya its a tough game, but I can at least hit the high scores on my nes version so I feel like a great player. Its a tough game though and looks a lot less impressive than the arcade version. which is to be expected obviously.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 02:22:01 am »

i loved that game in the arcade it had a certain feel to it... put tons of quarters in it at chuck e cheese.

i remember i used to play it at my friends house but i thought it was snes or possibly genesis?

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:39:28 am »

i loved that game in the arcade it had a certain feel to it... put tons of quarters in it at chuck e cheese.

i remember i used to play it at my friends house but i thought it was snes or possibly genesis?

According to game faqs theres a ton of paperboys for various systems on home consoles. Mine happens to be nes tho. Trying to get 30,000 on my score currently.

-edit-

I totally just nailed 31,100 whoo!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:22:14 pm by Shadaw_The_Rampage » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: