John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:56:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharp Monitor Screen Burn  (Read 2399 times)
TSORBER66

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:06:38 am »

Hi all,

I have a Nintendo Red Tent with major monitor burn. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it original, but these screens are bad. And last week something fried on one of them and I had to unplug it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think what fried may have been either a cap or something on the monitor board.

Thanks,

Tom
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:31 am »

Some photos would probably help. that way we can look it over.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:29 pm »

Hi all,

I have a Nintendo Red Tent with major monitor burn. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it original, but these screens are bad. And last week something fried on one of them and I had to unplug it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think what fried may have been either a cap or something on the monitor board.

Thanks,

Tom

you can fix a lot of things on a monitor but screen burn is not one of them

if you see a ghost of the images on the screen when it is turned off then it's permanent. you must replace

if the glove does not fit, you must acquit
if the monitor is deface, you must replace

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:03:44 am »

Hi all,

Thanks,

Tom

You can't do much of anything to fix screen-burn. Your options are living with it or replacing the tube. The monitors for the red tent can be hard to find but not impossible. you just gotta keep looking.
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:25:38 pm »

Just to clarify I meant photos of the board that fried not the monitor.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Purity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:43 pm »

I have pretty bad screen burn on mine aswell.

As the Vs monitors are pretty hard to find, has anyone ever substituted them for another monitor, that is maybe easier to source?
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »

i have pac man screen burn on mine. i actually think the maze on there is kind of cool

-alby13
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:20:45 pm »

i have pac man screen burn on mine. i actually think the maze on there is kind of cool

well on a pac-man that isn't so bad XD

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 03:47:02 am »

well on a pac-man that isn't so bad XD

it's fine, you can make it out a little on an all white screen, but when the game is playing you don't even notice it.

-alby13
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:02 am »

oh ya thats because the only things moving in pac-man/mrs.pac-man {or puck man over in japan} is the pac man/woman and the ghosts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: