John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:00:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Invaders Deluxe  (Read 2048 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:58:02 pm »

I am having troubles with my space invaders deluxe.

it was playable before, although there was wave it would move side to side on the screen now when i turn it on; it does this.
Any ideas? i can hear it playing in the background the game is playing when i shoot and i can hear the invaders move as well.

I have done a cap kit there is no change.

I checked the B+ voltage on the potentiometer on the chassis which is Wells Gardner 19v1001.

The reading i got was 32.4VDC that was the most i could get out of it. The reading i NEED is 74VDC. not sure where to go from here, because it's clear that pot is not getting enough voltage.

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 05:57:53 pm »

I am having troubles with my space invaders deluxe.

it was playable before, although there was wave it would move side to side on the screen now when i turn it on; it does this.
Any ideas? i can hear it playing in the background the game is playing when i shoot and i can hear the invaders move as well.

I have done a cap kit there is no change.

I checked the B+ voltage on the potentiometer on the chassis which is Wells Gardner 19v1001.

The reading i got was 32.4VDC that was the most i could get out of it. The reading i NEED is 74VDC. not sure where to go from here, because it's clear that pot is not getting enough voltage.

well if the voltage is low, then it is the step down transformer that the monitor uses to get power from the wall outlet.

these kinds of things either it works, or it doesn't. the next step is to replace the unit. the problem is between the wall outlet and the monitor

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:50:37 am »

I checked with the pros on KLOV They explained I ruled out 90% of what it could be and what I have is a B+ voltage issue.

They advised I need to check the B+ area on the chassis which includes transistors, resistors, capacitors etc. Problem is I just need to know how I'm going to do that

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

I checked with the pros on KLOV They explained I ruled out 90% of what it could be and what I have is a B+ voltage issue.

They advised I need to check the B+ area on the chassis which includes transistors, resistors, capacitors etc. Problem is I just need to know how I'm going to do that

i'm glad to hear you are pin-pointing the problem. does anyone make a rebuild kit or is there a guide that outlines the components in question?

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: