John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:28:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a new found respect for John after trying to make build videos.  (Read 2408 times)
leejsmith

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:17:33 am »

I decided that I was going to make a series of vids after I made the crazy kong cabinet and so I collected parts and tools over the summer a bit at a time because cash was tight. I wanted to make a Atari Tempest style cabinet because I like the small size and found plans on classicarcadecabinets.com. So I started last week and the whole process is taking so much longer when you have to think about cameras, sound, lighting ect. MY workspace is a big open loft so working at night is a bit of a problem and it looks like I am in a empty building. My camera setup is a DSL on the tripod and a sony 4k action cam attached to my safety visor for a point of view on all the work. The first two parts went ok, but yesterday I had to stop half way and then for some strange reason both cameras failed to record the same parts so today I will have to shoot a quick recap and show what I did. This is hard work and I cant do things again, I have to shoot is right each time. I also made a few mistakes, but a few proved good because it was somethings others could also do so I turned that around and fixed any problems.  While the sony alpha is an amazing camera not having a flip out screen is a pain so I will have to see what I can do for a small monitor.

I can see why john would cut back after doing it for so long. I have not even started on the editing !!!
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 01:42:14 pm »

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:03:58 am »

It can get a little tedious after awhile. Smiley
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 03:48:23 am »

Another update. Yesterday was hard work for what looks like very little.

leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:50:04 am »

and a quick look at the first part I have edited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqG6CQ6eITk&feature=youtu.be
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:02:09 am »

That looks really good! Nice work.
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 04:06:09 am »

That looks really good! Nice work.

Thanks, just waiting for the front marquee plexi that was printed with a Atari logo so I can finish cutting the coin door section, then I can start to glue the cab together. I am having some problems with the monitor mount. My mtc9000 is a tight fit and if I mount the screen in from the front I do not have much wood left for support around the edges, but if I make it so the screen goes in from the back it's a lot better. This then presents a problem of actually getting the screen in and out from the back. The mtc9000 has quite a big frame around it and makes it hard to slot the screen in from the front.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: