John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:34:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atari Quantum  (Read 2358 times)
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:56:48 pm »

Hey guys, I was wondering if the Gravitar/Black Widow cabinet was the same as Quantum. I am planning on building one because science and atoms are cool to me and the game looks really fun from the mame videos I have seen. I can't find dimensions and I don't want to pay DPtwiz $800, so if I could convert a cab that would be cool (a beat up non-working one of course!). I hope I'm not copying John too much, but I can't help myself.

Jack
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:36 am »

Hey guys, I was wondering if the Gravitar/Black Widow cabinet was the same as Quantum. I am planning on building one because science and atoms are cool to me and the game looks really fun from the mame videos I have seen. I can't find dimensions and I don't want to pay DPtwiz $800, so if I could convert a cab that would be cool (a beat up non-working one of course!). I hope I'm not copying John too much, but I can't help myself.

Yes they look almost identical. That would be a good conversion. Look for one of those cabs.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »

I'll keep my eye out. Tell me if you see one for sale in Colorado in non-working condition ;)

Jack
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:55:24 am »

They are not the same. The Space Duel cabinet is more like the Quantum and DPTwiz sells the wood to convert Space Duel to the same Quantum.
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:14 pm »

I found a picture of all four in a row:
(Link)

Jack
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:16:39 am »

if it looks very close, and you are concerned about doing it on the cheap, you may be able to save a cabinet that would otherwise be destroyed.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »

Yeah, I would be able to live with it.

Jack
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: