John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:07:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Remember This Pinball Machine...  (Read 3527 times)
spacel0rd

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 02:24:24 pm »

Does anyone remember a pinball machine that had the theme of the moon?  The ball wouldn’t roll on a flat surface, but instead on a soft, almost knitted surface.  The weird surface would make the ball do some funky twists and turns as if there was no gravity.
I saw it once or twice as a kid.
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:35:17 pm »

Does anyone remember a pinball machine that had the theme of the moon?  The ball wouldn’t roll on a flat surface, but instead on a soft, almost knitted surface.  The weird surface would make the ball do some funky twists and turns as if there was no gravity.

wow sounds really strange. no, never heard about it or seen it

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1725&picno=3196

^ i am fairly sure this is the game your looking for. I went through the entire list when i did my search and this is the only one i found even close to your description. Truthfully even if its not I'm kind of interested in it myself.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:42:18 am »

^ i am fairly sure this is the game your looking for. I went through the entire list when i did my search and this is the only one i found even close to your description. Truthfully even if its not I'm kind of interested in it myself.

I played that game at Allentown pinfest. Def' a strange game.
spacel0rd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:37 am »

That's it!  Thanks!
spacel0rd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvMCBQA1yw

There's a demonstration for the curious.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:21:37 pm by spacel0rd » Logged
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 02:06:07 am »

talk about obscure. i would like to put a in and play it!

wow this almost looks like a "fake" joke machine. i can't believe this is real!

one of the strrangest.. maybe the "craziest" pinball machine ever?

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 06:14:29 pm »

Happy to see my research helped. I think its a really interesting game myself. Going to check out that link because i am honestly curious about its game play.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
LowScores

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:59 pm »

They had one of these up where I go to a pinball league.
The trippiest thing about it is a lot of the time the ball will roll back behind the flippers and then come shooting back out ontto the playfield...this is without bouncing off anyitng mind you!

I think it was a weird combo of the tons of spin the ball would get from those high rpm wheels and the weird shape of the `playfield`.
ronsplooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:32 pm »

Def' a strange game.

+1 on that, played it at the Pinball Parlour arcade here in the UK and it is very weird. Didn't help that I'd had a few beers but it was definitely a case of "that was kinda cool, now lets go play some proper pinball". One to own if you have a big pin collection and want something a bit different  Smiley

but instead on a soft, almost knitted surface

It's a hard plastic surface thats molded into troughs and peaks. When you lift the playfield it's very different from a normal pin. Underneath is very deep and the pf sits in a kind of cage or jig.....it's really difficult to get to some of the mechs and parts with taking loads of stuff off apparently (according to the guy who owns the Pinball Parlour).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: