John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:16:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from SoCal!  (Read 1592 times)
KaBoom1701

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2017, 05:24:06 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I figured it's time I introduce myself.

I just started i this hobby only a few weeks ago.

I was a big arcade kid back in the 80's.

My friend in Phx was downsizing and he had an old Galaga cocktail game that I would play when I was at his house from time to time. I told him I had first dibs on the game if he ever sold it. Well this year he decided to let me have it. I picked it up for a few houndred dollars and brought it home. It was an original cocktial Galaga that had never been touched. It booted only once in 8 tries or so. So their began my internet search for arcade parts and help. I soon became an Galaga fool buying new power supplies, RAMS, ROMS and enhancment kits. Now the game works great.

My wife soon said that if I had my favorite game she wanted hers...Mrs. PacMan. So theat morning I was searching Craigslist and found a all Original upright cab near me in Palm Springs. Called the guys and within a few hours I picked it up. Well it needed a little TLC so I replaced the CPO overlay and installed an original PacMan joystick. The micro switch one was killing me. Found Mike Doyle's 96n1 kit and now the kiddos all love playing it every night.

Now I'm looking at a game....dose this ever end?

I've already bought more spear parts than I need.
Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 01:18:50 am »

No.  It doesn't end.  You will get more.  You will be looking at more even when you don't have any more room.  Even if someday, you somehow get rid of them, you will eventually work toward getting more.

Welcome to the support group.  ;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: