John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:32:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't adjust colors on Sanyo 20ez  (Read 1712 times)
Baadbeats

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:44:02 am »

Hello all, total newbie here. I have a donkey kong 3 with a Sanyo 20ez monitor. While the colors all look pretty good, I can't seem to adjust them at all. I tried the RGB pots on the neck board but they aren't doing anything at all. Same goes for the RGB pots on what I believe is called an inverter board (the small board mounted on the flyback cover). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Carl
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:56:56 am »

You could have a weak tube. Post some photos? If you crank the pots do the colors fill the entire screen?
Baadbeats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »

You could have a weak tube. Post some photos? If you crank the pots do the colors fill the entire screen?

All the colors looks pretty good on the game, I just wanted to fine tune them a little bit. Cranking the RGB pots either way does absolutely nothing at all.
Baadbeats

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:32:47 pm »

sorry, I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach the photo I just took. The monitor looks really nice to me, i was just going to try and tweak the colors a little bit, when I figured out that none of the RGB pots are doing anything at all. The colors look pretty good to me, my only concern is why I cant adjust them at all with the RGB pots.
Baadbeats

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 01:47:49 pm »

I'm an idiot! I got it. As I said, total newbie. I was trying to tweak the colors with the game running. I just realized the RGB pots may only work in the test pattern, so I went to the test pattern and sure enough, the pots work! Thanks for taking the time to try and help me, I love the videos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: