John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:22:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G07 will not Deguasse.  (Read 1112 times)
Hooligan93

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:48:40 am »

Hello Everyone,

Picked up a Ms Pac in the spring. Really good condition cabinet wiring was mostly unmolested. The monitor was the only problem. It had a G07 could see the burn in but could not get any neck glow out of it. Finally figures out the heater element had an open in the tube. It took a couple months but found a compatible tube out of a TV. Got the Chassis working thanks to the G07 flow charts (voltage regulator and a couple bad caps). I got the yoke adjusted and the rings.
 It looked sharp on the work bench. When I put it back into the cabinet all the colors shifted. The midway logo went from blue and red to green and red and the screen was mostly green also lost all yellow. Tried to deguass the screen with no luck. I dont think its a board or chassis issue there is a couple spots where the color is normal. Also when I take the monitor out onto the bench it goes back to normal colors but if i put the monitor in the same position as in the cabinet the colors go all wonky again. Re-soldered all connector headers, made sure neck socket was tight, and manually deguassed the monitor with no effect. Any ideas?
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:25:10 pm »

Really sounds like you have a magnetic field in that part of your house that is messing with the monitor. Any big electric motors or anything else around that spot even on a different floor that could have a big magnetic field? Also could just be the earths magnetic field. Try putting the entire cabinet in a different location and see what happens. Otherwise someone on here that's good with G07's will have to help you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: