John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:30:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything other information I should be adding to the Nintendo Vs. Tech Page?  (Read 13981 times)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:00:16 am »

Is there any other information out there that you'd like to see added to the Nintendo Vs Tech Page?:

http://johnsarcade.com/nintendo_vs_ppu_info.php

Any ideas or suggestions, are welcome!
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:32:42 pm »

You might add the paint colors for the red tents if you know them.  I would like to know if there is a matching black and hammered red.

tear down video for repairs

mouser cap lists for monitors

mouser cap lists for power supplies

gut shots of the machine

wiring pictures

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:55:21 pm by delayed » Logged
Big Sloth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:01 pm »

Your Tech pape is great. I have only one suggestion regarding your video equipment, maybe you can get a tri-pod to steady the camera as you video cast. Thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

Your Tech pape is great. I have only one suggestion regarding your video equipment, maybe you can get a tri-pod to steady the camera as you video cast. Thanks

My later videos all are with a tripod. So, yeah...I fixed that. Smiley
toloqi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:57:55 am »

I would echo the paint codes.  That would be very useful.

Also, do we know if any monitors are swappable with the red tent monitors?  I have thought about trying to hack a 19 in LCD with one of the CRTs, but if I could find a decent tube to swap with the stock I would try to go that route.

I believe someone mentioned they thought the sharp monitors are all that is compatible.  Can't seem to get confirmation of this though.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »

I would echo the paint codes.  That would be very useful.

Also, do we know if any monitors are swappable with the red tent monitors?  I have thought about trying to hack a 19 in LCD with one of the CRTs, but if I could find a decent tube to swap with the stock I would try to go that route.

I believe someone mentioned they thought the sharp monitors are all that is compatible.  Can't seem to get confirmation of this though.

The problem with the red tent is that it uses 18" monitors. And, most classic arcade monitors are 19". So, it's a total odd ball size.
DaveyPocket

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

Something just to throw in might be any notable differences between the 2a03 and 2a04 CPU. I know that the 2a04 is meant for Vs. Super Mario Bros. but I've seen it work with the 2a03. From what I have read places it has to do something with having/not having a game on the other side of the board when running dual system, I'm not entirely sure though. I'm just curious if having a different CPU would potentially affect game play or anything else.
Lime Tree

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

One thing I would find helpful would be the dimensions of the artwork on the red tent.  Odds are, if you are swapping games, you are going to print off and potentially laminate an artwork card; sure would be handy to have the dimensions for the artwork listed somewhere.

Thanks!
Lime Tree

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:55:24 pm »

The dip switch information for RBI Baseball listed on the vs. page is inaccurate. For the correct color scheme, the final three dip switches should be off, off, off.
yves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:15 am »

Is there any other information out there that you'd like to see added to the Nintendo Vs Tech Page?

Where does the score comes from or where is it going?

On my workplace we have an Arcade Machine. We all love this game and everybody tries to beat each other. So as not to let it run all the time we're switching it off at the end of the day. But after switching it on, the score is cleared.
As an interested programmer and tech enthusiast and because we're an digital agency I'd like to connect the Arcade Machine to an wifi enabled Arduino bord and save the score in a Database to display it Online.

What I'd like to know: Where is the score located, how can I read the information or have you or somebody else any advice how to reach my goal.

Great thanks to your work and Videos. I love them.

Regards
Yves
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:37:31 am »

Is there any other information out there that you'd like to see added to the Nintendo Vs Tech Page?

On my workplace we have an Arcade Machine. We all love this game and everybody tries to beat each other. So as not to let it run all the time we're switching it off at the end of the day. But after switching it on, the score is cleared.
As an interested programmer and tech enthusiast and because we're an digital agency I'd like to connect the Arcade Machine to an wifi enabled Arduino bord and save the score in a Database to display it Online.

What I'd like to know: Where is the score located, how can I read the information or have you or somebody else any advice how to reach my goal.

Regards
Yves

This is crazy talk, and cool!

The score is save on one of the RAM chips. Which one? I have no idea! Smiley

They make a high-score save kit for DK. If you get this you'll at least know what chip it's saved on:

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/hs/dk/
yves

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

If you don't know who else does? ;)
I really like to follow your videos and it seems you know every little detail of your arcade machines.

No really, thanks for the advice. I will give it a try and order it. Maybe they can give me a little more information about the exact location where it gets stored.

Regards
yves
yves

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:40 pm »

Update: I talked to scott from brasington.org and the producer of the High Score saver kit as you recommended. He said the score in the kit will be stored in a 93c46 serial eeprom.
So I have to build something like an interface which will act as an eeprom reader.
I hope I can do this. I'll keep you up to date.

Regards
Yves
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »

Update: I talked to scott from brasington.org and the producer of the High Score saver kit as you recommended. He said the score in the kit will be stored in a 93c46 serial eeprom.
So I have to build something like an interface which will act as an eeprom reader.
I hope I can do this. I'll keep you up to date.

Regards
Yves

SWEET! How cool would that be if you put up a high score save server for the game?
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 02:10:13 pm »

Regards
Yves

Being an inventor I've taken this idea a tiny bit further. If you pulled this off and had multiple machines you could write a program that would allow you to display the top scores of multiple machines. What i mean is if donkey kong ones scores were 2,000,000 - 750,000 - and 300,000 and donkey kong #2 {same game diff cab} was 1,000,000 780,500 - 500,000

Then the site would display the top scores as

first place   2,000,000 {machine 1}
second place  780,500 {machine 2}
third place     500,000 {machine 2}

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: