John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:25:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Arcade Machine  (Read 2062 times)
asthmadan

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:34:43 am »

Hi, very new and i am thinking of getting a capcom bowling that i found on craigslist, for 100. https://york.craigslist.org/bfs/6144812530.html
My only electronic experience is fixing a couple gameboys, and a LOT of youtube videos, so i dont know if im ready to get an arcade machine yet.
Do u guys think im ready to get a machine, and is this a good listing? How should i handle getting the machine ie: how to get him to lower the price
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:51:19 pm »

I am going to state now if you are going to go for it ask for a photo first Capcom Bowling was mostly a conversion kit I see them a lot in Centipedes, Froggers, Rock ola games, Stern games and many more. If you like Capcom Bowling go for its cheap and seems fair but don't buy it just cause its a cheap arcade game though If its converted and you plan to deconverted go for it.

Personally its not that hard to restore arcade games once you understand how they work watch a lot of johns videos and you will understand it and see how easy it can be "Minus monitors but thats different"
asthmadan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:08:43 pm »

ok thank u so much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: