John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:16:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identifying my cabinet  (Read 2422 times)
Nedrudt

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:49:42 pm »

About a month ago I was going deep into the YouTube webs and came across Johns videos. I watched as much as I could about restoration and how to find cheap games. Long story short I found a golden tee 2k in a Konami cabinet. I'm not a big fan of golden tee and I know I'm a noob but I figured I can clean it up and restore it to a different game.
  My question is what was my cabinets original game. It has 2 speakers, 2 coin slots and was originally a 4 player. I can't find any inspection stickers or anything inside the cabinet. Is there anything else I can look for to know what it originally was?
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:01:22 am »

if there is 2 speakers it could of been a 4 player X men, Simpsons, Bucky O'hare, I am pretty sure there is a few others as well but those are the games I know. Is the cabinet painted black or painted in general? if so try to get a small bit off to see what art is underneath
Nedrudt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:05:29 am »

It's painted black so I'll check what color is underneath. Did those games work with 2 coin slots? I thought they needed 4 slots?
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:28:59 am »

Does it look like this where the coin doors are? https://www.arcade-museum.com/images/106/1069724736.jpg "Another Konami Golden tee conversion"

I am not understanding fully?
Nedrudt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:35:25 pm »

No it's just a single coin door, probably should have said that instead. I did look to see if it was a different color but it appears to have been black from the start. There is though side art that has been painted over on the top. It is about 10 inches tall and 1.5 foot long, jagged edges.
Videobandit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 11:47:17 pm »

Then its probably a Bucky Ohare
http://www.buckyohare.org/merch/arcade/arcade1.jpg

If you can post pictures later It would help better to understand what it is though
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: