John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:54:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole Position conversion  (Read 1338 times)
SafetyJon

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:13:06 pm »

Hi All,

You'll have to for give me I'm pretty new to the owning arcade games thing, I've loved playing for forever just never thought about buying until recently. So here is my question, I have a guy near me who is selling a pair of Speed Buggy (Buggy Boy) cabinets for $250 bucks. My question is this is there any reason I can't convert one of those two cabs into a pole position? Thanks in advanced for any help you can offer.

Jon
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:14:07 pm »

Yeah, there is no way. Find an original!
Long Live Gorf!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:42 am »

And just FYI, a PP is one of the worst ones to find in good running condition. Check that the battery didn't puke all over the board set.
I have a PP cabinet and parts from a PP2 and three other pp board sets and they have damage and are a biotch to keep running.
I did hear a PP replacement board is being worked on and will be available soon, with all the different PP versions on it, and it wont be a mame type unit, but fully accurate like the JRok williams boards are.
I plan on getting one, then retiring my working board to a static bag in vacuum packed glory for my kids. They can then marvel at it in 30 years..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: