John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:28:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missile Command  (Read 2950 times)
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

Wow! First one not relating to Gyruss, it's working fine.
I am thinking about buying a broken game: a Missile Command. It has a dead power supply and is missing a PCB, I think I have a lead for a pcb for $100, but can I replace the old PSU with a switched power supply?
The guy is pretty sure that the harnesses are there, and the monitor seems to work too. Is it worth $150 for the cab and monitor?

Jack
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »

I am thinking about buying a broken game: a Missile Command. It has a dead power supply and is missing a PCB, I think I have a lead for a pcb for $100, but can I replace the old PSU with a switched power supply?
The guy is pretty sure that the harnesses are there, and the monitor seems to work too. Is it worth $150 for the cab and monitor?

I'd try to pay $100 if possible. I rebuilt the original power supply on mine. There is no good switching power supply alternative.
Jack

Jack Kirkpatrick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47:26 pm »

Ok, how hard is it to rebuild the power supply? Is there a common problem?

Jack
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 07:10:50 am »

Lol i just gave the pcb and power supply (original) away this week sry
I paid 200 for my MC working... its a big cab... and heavy.
If you are sure you can get it working buy it.  Looks sexy in a game room.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: