John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:12:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Splat!  (Read 1428 times)
Verminator

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:58:41 pm »

If you follow the Galloping Ghost Arcade FB group, I think even the hardest core arcade preservation enthusiasts would appreciate the story of their development of a dedicated Williams' Splat cabinet. It is an amazing story and they were able to create the cabinet for public play at their arcade.

As I have said before, their arcade has grown and improved by leaps and bounds since John visited there.

Recent additions, original, dedicated Fast Freddie, Q*Bert's Qubes, Bank Panic, and Super Punch Out! cabinets!! They also hosted the GGA BOTA tournament and it was a great experience! Aside from a ROM glitch on Zoo Keeper, all of the games were working great and, you guessed it, were in original cabinets. 

That is all... looking forward to my next visit.
allansim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:56:15 am »

Great read.  They had some setbacks but with help from the right people and some luck they were able to overcome.  Clearly a labor of love as so much work was involved.

https://www.facebook.com/GallopingGhostArcade/posts/1356266844422372
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:58:21 am by allansim » Logged
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:05:16 pm »

They're full of surprises lately. Just revealed a restored, dedicated Reactor cabinet. They are closing in on 600 games (albeit some of the cabinets have two games and there are multi-slot Neo Geos). Guinness still recognizes FunSpot though for most video games at one location because they have the museum as well as the redemption games. I think GGA is still a ways away from that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: