John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:52:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ms. Pacman arcade help  (Read 1768 times)
Flashflood140x

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »

I need help my ms. pacman boots but it boots to a test or something of the sort screen Ill have a picture go to it i just put in a highscore save kit on it and i just fixed my sotering mistake i would love some help
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »

Is the test switch on?
Flashflood140x

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:34:50 pm »

I have checked the test switch and its not on the game is stuck on a screen with a bunch of flickering dots and a pacman and ms. Pacman sprite up in the upper left corner
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:35:54 pm »

Sounds like a problem around the sync bus controller cpu or program EPROMs. Place to start anyways. Looks for solder blobs. Sync bus controller in backwards or the sockets for SBC or CPU or bent legs.
Flashflood140x

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 12:04:39 am »

Well the thing is is it worked before i put the high score save kit in it and then stopped when i finished putting it in as weird as that sounds
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »

Did you get the Souza kit? From a guy named Slava? He's very helpful with problems with his kits and stands behind them. I'd send him an email with a picture/video of what it's doing. He might be able to tell you exactly what the trouble is and how to fix it. Heck he even had me send my PCB to him and he fixed mine for no charge. I even offered to pay him and he wouldn't take anything.
Flashflood140x

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:08 pm »

Nope got from another guy
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:46 am »

Just pulling the the SBC board out of the socket can hurt them. Those boards pins are way thicker then chip legs and those old sockets only make contact with one side of the leg or pin. Newer dual wipe sockets make two points of contact with each pin or leg. Putting the SBC in backwards is a very common mistake. Check out lawnmowerman Pacman page. He has tons of screen shots of Pac errors to help trouble shoot. Mikes arcade also has a lot in his tech area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: