John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:19:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcades Shrinking at Disneyland in California  (Read 1596 times)
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:03:34 am »

Just got back from a visit to Disneyland. Sadly arcades have shrunk down. Most of the starcade is selling stuff (not even arcade stuff) although i must say they do have good choices of old arcade machines left.

Flynn's Arcade in California Adventure has been converted to a Mad [Hatter] Arcade skee ball arcade for kids.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »

With any business you've got to target your market. This market is usually kid oriented and sometimes adult. I read anywhere now that arcades have to have something else to support them to be solvent.

Myself I think its more all the places are the same and have the same machines that do the same old stuff which is peoples mindsets on the whole . I think there is a nitch market for someone who is like "I'm making this awesome machine... buuuut im only making 100 of them." Idea may very.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: