John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:37:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please?  (Read 1791 times)
Caveman3000

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:50:24 pm »

I really need help on making a power switch for my asteroids arcade, my last post got 22 views but no one replied,  is there a way I can post pictures to show u guys the problem?? Thanks.
Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:52:05 pm »

In what way are you trying to make a power switch?  Are you trying to simply replace the original, or are you thinking of a more specific purpose (in-line switch, auto-on when plugged in, etc.)?  What is the specific problem that you're having with doing this - design, replacement parts, modding, something else?
TheMoose94

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 04:53:54 am »

Hey there 3000 are you talking about the on/off switch or your power source ?
Caveman3000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:01 pm »

In what way are you trying to make a power switch?  Are you trying to simply replace the original, or are you thinking of a more specific purpose (in-line switch, auto-on when plugged in, etc.)?  What is the specific problem that you're having with doing this - design, replacement parts, modding, something else?
Here i made a video, https://youtu.be/dIvmO0VY9Nk
Caveman3000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:46 pm »

Hey there 3000 are you talking about the on/off switch or your power source ?
Here i made a video explaining https://youtu.be/dIvmO0VY9Nk
Chris-socal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

That looks like a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch. If you take a clear picture front and back to a local electronics store you should be able to get one with tabs that will accept those connectors. Be sure the power to the cabinet is turned off when you transfer the connectors and be sure you hook them up the same way. Also, that switch should be mounted securely. If in doubt find an electrician, it might cost you $50 but now isnt a good time to experiment if you are not confident. Lastly, be careful when the caninet is open, if your game has a crt monitor there is high voltage stored in the tube even when powered off.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:27:28 pm by Chris-socal » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: