John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:30:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mortal kombat 2 arcade monitor red tint  (Read 1429 times)
Deka_ Night

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2017, 02:50:22 pm »

hello everybody i've had a MK II arcade cabinet for the longest time and i have been collecting the parts of make it into a MAME arcade and recently i have done a cap kit replacement for the monitor but idk for some reason the reds dont show up very well and when i adjust the knobs on the back it makes the tint of the screen red rather than the lettering im a complete noob when it comes to these things and looking for some help i will edit and post pictures in a few moments
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:47:13 pm »

I would recommend checking youtube on how to set/ rebuild an arcade monitor. There are test screens where you can adjust the color. This process of fine tuning can take some time. If your test screen looks good but the game colors do not look correct, you may have an issue with the game pcb. If your test screen is bad, your color transistor/s may be bad.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: