John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:44:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The basics: What are the key 4-5 items that have to work for machine to work?  (Read 1105 times)
80skid

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2017, 04:08:26 pm »

So I used to build pc's and sell them, then taught Cisco Networking at a votech. So an old tower computer had a motherboard, power supply, hard drive, and either built in video or a video card. Those components got you fired up, then you needed a media drive to install an operation system. Without any of that it wasn't going to work. And a monitor of course. So what are those key things in these old cabinets. Obviously, power supply, pcb board, crt, I would assume with those three things I should get something? BUt that is basically what you get with a jamma kit right? ps/jamma board/wiring harness, assuming a crt you have is good, so what are the basic things that if they don't work, then I get nothing? Because right now my power supply checks out perfectly, all hookups appear to be right, but I get nothing at all. No lights, no sound, nothing. Thanks in advance. 
BubbaLou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:02:56 am »

What are you voltages out of the power supply? Is 5 volts going to the board? Is your monitor powering up?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: