John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:46:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Axe Joystick Question  (Read 1750 times)
cmarrero

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »

I have a Golden Axe in a nintendo cab. It has a converter board for the wiring. Now my second player joystick pressing up there is no response from the test. I tested the wire going from the joystick thru the converted to the last connector attached to the main board.

Is it posible that the main board is going and that why that test is failing.

Is there something on the board I can check to verify that it the main board or is the board gone bad.

THANKS!

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

So you've ruled out everything from the actual joystick to the main board so far? Except the main board i mean.

Oh and as this is your first post welcome to the site.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
cmarrero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:48:42 am »

So you've ruled out everything from the actual joystick to the main board so far? Except the main board i mean.

Yes I did so I would guess it the board. Is there a fix for something like that or is the board shot. Any suggestion on repair.
And thanks for the welcome :-)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:23:37 am »

Yes I did so I would guess it the board. Is there a fix for something like that or is the board shot. Any suggestion on repair.

Ok so was the board working when you got it and it stopped? Also have you tried reseating the chips? Sometimes old chips will wiggle loose over time. Lets not give up on a potentially good board when it could be something simple.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
cmarrero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:53:15 am »

Ok so was the board working when you got it and it stopped? Also have you tried reseating the chips? Sometimes old chips will wiggle loose over time. Lets not give up on a potentially good board when it could be something simple.

It was working but haven't been used in some time. I was thinking the micro switch was bad at first after replacing them I tested the wiring and found that is good. I will pull the board and take a look at it make sure the chips are set and the contacts are in good cond.

THANKS!

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 11:47:06 am »

It was working but haven't been used in some time. I was thinking the micro switch was bad at first after replacing them I tested the wiring and found that is good. I will pull the board and take a look at it make sure the chips are set and the contacts are in good cond.

THANKS!

No problem, Just trying to get an idea of what you've tried so far so I don't give useless info. when you reseat them make sure all of the pins are in the sockets, not bent, and that none of the pins are missing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: