John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:46:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Pole Position owners...  (Read 1027 times)
Iggy

Meme maker

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »

With the help of some of John's Arcade videos, Ian Kellog's parts....... this happened last summer:

Long story short: I ran into the guy who owned the pool hall I used to practically live at back in the 80s. It burned down in '84, and for my help back then, I was given a Lunar Lander. I ran into him as he was packing up for his yearly trip to Arizona. We talked for a bit, and I told him I'd gotten into collecting arcade games. He asked me if I wanted what he had in his garage, and I made arrangements to talk to him more about it when he got back.

For months, I wondered what he had in there. Turns out, it was just the Pole Position left, along with a couple of poker machines. All I had to do, was move that beast about 100 yards from his house to mine.

The top pics are from when I got it to my house.... which was no small feat. The bottom pic is it working perfectly, sitting in my dining room.

Then I got to work on it. It had been in the fire, and had some water damage, but the PCB was in decent shape. Almost a year on, it sits proudly in my collection, next to the machine it replaced back in the day. And yes, it still works. I did the test point mod, recapped the monitor, cleaned the PCB, and installed a remote battery.

My wife allows me to keep my arcade games in the dining room.
That's love, right there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: