John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:36:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New here and bought an arcade! Need help/advice please :-)  (Read 1532 times)
talkingfinger

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:53:24 am »

Hello everyone! I am glad I found this board and have been reading through posts for a while. Seems like a knowledgeable good group of people. Cool!

So...I bought my first arcade game from a friend/bar owner as I have always wanted one! It is a multi game in an arcade unit. It has 60 games. I have taken some pics and attached. (EDIT: How the heck do you put images here!?)

My questions (hopefully you could be as so kind to answer!)

1. Are there manuals for these things? I want to be able to adjust the volume, make it so you don't need quarters etc...
2. Do they need to be serviced regally, or just leave it alone until you have an issue?

Any advice is very welcome!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

-Bill

/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5351.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5353.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5355.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5356.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5357.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5358.jpg
/Users/bill/Desktop/untitled folder/IMG_5365.jpg
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:58:28 am by talkingfinger » Logged
remyjd

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Hey,

We cant see any of your pics.  You are going to have to upload them to imgur or something and use the Insert Hyperlink etc... above.  You can use preview to see if it worked.

darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 11:59:16 pm »

you lost me at Multicade.  To me these are about as real as a three dollar bill but I'm a purist for whom using any type of Mame in an original cabinet is akin to destroying the game. If you want to play with Mame(60-1's run off this emulator) fine...just as long as you didn't destroy a nice repairable game to do it.  I know for some people(myself included) space is an issue and I know that I will never have everything but that's not my goal.  I want to have a handful of cool games to play...when someone walks in I want them to marvel at and play my small lineup of games in the corner. Sorta "welcome to 7-11" so to speak.

I don't know if you can find a manual for a 60-1.  These boards are produced on the cheap by several manufacturers who probably don't even bother to play license fees for the games. You can probably find information for Jamma wiring harnesses and lcd monitors by googling it.
moogrum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:01:00 pm »

Manuals are out there but not very great.  60 in 1s are awesome in my opinion.  Cheap way to enjoy all these games we love in a close to original medium.  I put one in my pac man and all you need to do to switch it back to the original board is move the harness.  Volume is controlled either through the setup menus or a potentiometer on the board.  I would guess you'd have issues with the monitor before the board, but I'd bet you have an lcd so you're probably good to go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: