John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:03:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rush The Rock Edition - Error  (Read 1807 times)
Kaytweenie

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2017, 11:04:36 am »

I recently purchased Rush Arcade sit down. It powers up monitor works it runs test and when it tries to load the game, I receive a error saying error mounting filesystem could not find any home blocks. I checked the interweb and came across alot of people saying the hard drive is shot. I ordered a new hard drive so just waiting for it in the mail but just wanted to see what everyone on this forums may think it is.
onyxcamaroz28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:21 pm »

sounds like the hard drive.  I would recommend the compact flash conversion.  My drive wasn't even bad and I did the conversion.
DJSylv3on

Blurple Durple

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:11 am »

It is the hard drive because as part of the self test it tests the HDD almost much like a computer does and then mounts the hard drive's filesystem.

Out of curiousity were there any noticeable clicking sounds coming from the HDD?? If not chances are the filesystem is corrupted and cannot be mounted or could be a bad connection from the main board to the HDD or simply a bad IDE cable.  My recommendation is to try reseating the IDE cable going from the HDD to the main board inside the machine and see if that helps. If that does not work then try replacing the IDE cable. If all else fails then the CF card mod is going to be the only other solution.

Hope this helps  Cool

Brad

Kaytweenie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »

Thanx I will let you know the outcome in a couple of days
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: