John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me remember the name of this game  (Read 1458 times)
flipperKOTO

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone remembers this weird EM (not video, not pinball) game from the 1970s. It had an airplane you operated that was a toy plane -- but NOT on an arm-and-gimbal mechanism, and did not actually "fly."

Instead, it was attached to a vertical rod that went down through a circular slot, so the plane would move in a circle. If I remember correctly, you could also move the plane up and down.

There were also some cartoony-looking 3D characters (dolls/puppets) with oversized spherical heads (think Charlie Brown in 3D).

The whole interior was lit with black light so that these 3D toys/models glowed.

Anyone know the name of this contraption (and/or year, manufacturer)?

Thanks,
Eli
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:18:13 pm by flipperKOTO » Logged
Endalomax

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »

First of all, I do not know much. But back then I was having so much fun.

MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 07:07:38 am »

I did some digging but couldn't come up with anything.  Sounds like you're describing VertiBird from Mattel.  Of course that wasn't an arcade game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: