John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:20:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yet another Texan gamer  (Read 1274 times)
sl4ppy

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:56:06 pm »

A lifelong gamer who has spent the last 20+ years living the dream in game development here in Dallas, Texas.

Stumbled on the YouTube channel about a month or so ago looking for Tempest machines to buy.  Binged on episodes daily for quite a while now...  Love the channel!  

I love old Vector games and after building a few bartop RetroPie machines, think I might be ready to step up my game to full size cabinets.
Geogeek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum, I would definitely use the Craigslist search string John has provided. Using the search string I was able to pickup a NBA Jam a couple weeks ago but that's not all.

You won't believe me if I told you but two days ago someone posted a mint condition Tempest on Craigslist in Southern California for FREE, that's right free. Supposedly the monitor went bad, when I got there the cabinet was in excellent condition. Felt bad for the guy he was moving cross country and he couldn't take it with him, so gave him what I had in my wallet $41. Can you believe that $41 dollars, I still can't!!!

I got home plugged in and fired right up but after an hour the vector lines went wacky. I think it might be the edge connector or might need some cleaning on the board but the important thing is the monitor looks great. Anyways, like John says the deals are out there and this guy here just wrangled in a unicorn for almost free!!!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: