John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:42:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo red tent monitor needed!  (Read 5031 times)
TheTexan11

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:00:05 am »

Hello, I live in North Texas and one of the monitors on my red tent recently went out. I took the cabinet to a local repair facility that works on tube televisions and he says that it's toast. If anyone in my area has a monitor please let me know, my wife can't live without her Dr. Mario. Haha. I'm also willing to drive a little ways so anyone close please. Have a great day.
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »

I think I'd like to know what he means by "toast"? Just because he doesn't want to fix it doesn't make it unfixable.
TheTexan11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:57:02 pm »

He said that the part that projects the image on the screen is glued to what's called a yoke and the glue has gotten too hot and shorted the 2 out. Says he checked all over online and can't find replacement parts. Hoping to get lucky here.  I'm pretty sure that's what he said.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:59:07 pm by TheTexan11 » Logged
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:00:21 pm »

Sounds like he's talking about where the neck board plugs into the picture tube. Question is which part is he talking about, the picture tube or the neck board. Either way there's stuff out there, but he's a TV guy and not an arcade guy so who knows where he's looking for parts. I personally don't have a KLOV membership but I would bet that someone over there would have better information for you. Just my opinion but I wouldn't give up on it yet.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:54:27 pm by P-feif » Logged
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:58:38 pm »

I think LovelyCoCoNuts is from Texas and may have Nintendo monitors but Redtent has a oddball size. Lot better chance of fixing it then finding a complete replacement. Good news is the Arcade community still has parts for those and documentation to troubleshoot and fix them as well.
TheTexan11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 07:45:18 pm »

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow so I will ask him to show me in more detail. But I have good news, I own a commercial garage door business and I was repairing a storage unit door about 5 years ago and spied 2 red tents in a unit I was working on. I was able to find out who leases the unit and his phone number, called him today and he is going to sell me one of the cabinets and throw in a few games also. I'm hoping one of them has 2 good monitors. He used to own a few arcades and says he has more parts and several games so I'm gonna try and buy up as much as I can. Thanks for the help guys.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:51:14 pm by TheTexan11 » Logged
TheTexan11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:55:39 pm »

Just an update. I haven't picked up my red tent from the repair shop yet but I did pick up my new one. The cabinet is a little scratched up but what can ya expect. Both screens work with no burn in and all buttons work, I even got the keys for the cabinet and the coin boxes. The games he threw in are Mario Bros, excite bike, 2 sets of tennis that look brand new still in the original packaging, goonies, 2 gradius daughter boards, RBI baseball (which I have in my other system), TKO boxing, golf and several PPU's and some random ROM chips. All of it for $400. I think I won on this . And he wants to go ahead and sell me the other one so I'm gonna pick it up in a few months when I build my shop. Would have snagged it today but my wife would shit if I brought 2 more home. Haha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: